Author Topic: look to meet other cocker spaniel owners and find some great walks!  (Read 4122 times)

Offline harveysmum

• Site Member
  • Harvey the Explorer
Re: look to meet other cocker spaniel owners and find some great walks!
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2007, 10:06:49 PM »
Hi and welcome :D
I am owned by "Harvey" a black & white show type cocker :luv:

Michelle

P.S Saffron is lovely
My IQ is 133 - Free-IQTest.net - Fun IQ Test

Offline ali

• Site Member
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2007, 10:29:57 PM »
welcome to COL!

i'm owned by my own black worker- but he's an 18 month old fellow called barkley. :) needless to say, i think safron is scrummy. :luv:
'my goal in life is to be as good a person as my dog already thinks i am'

Offline wrenside

• Site Member
« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2007, 10:43:40 PM »
Hello and welcome to COL, always a pleasure to have another member join who is owned by a working cocker!  :blink:
I have Bella, my red working cocker bitch who I use for shooting and as a great companion for walking with.
I'm afraid that I can't help you on the long walks front in your area, but I bet Saffron is a very fit little dog clocking up that sort of mileage in just one week!  :D

Anyway, do feel free to ask about anything you'd like to know more on, for example: trialing or gun dog training, as there are some very experienced working cocker owners, breeders and trainers on COL.

Best wishes

Mary

PS: would love to have a peek at Saffrons pedigree, I'm interested to see what lines she carries and where/from who in Wales you got her from  :blink:

Offline flashpanther

• Site Member
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2007, 10:38:03 PM »
Hello and welcome to COL, always a pleasure to have another member join who is owned by a working cocker!  :blink:
I have Bella, my red working cocker bitch who I use for shooting and as a great companion for walking with.
I'm afraid that I can't help you on the long walks front in your area, but I bet Saffron is a very fit little dog clocking up that sort of mileage in just one week!  :D

Anyway, do feel free to ask about anything you'd like to know more on, for example: trialling or gun dog training, as there are some very experienced working cocker owners, breeders and trainers on COL.

Best wishes

Mary

PS: would love to have a peek at Saffrons pedigree, I'm interested to see what lines she carries and where/from who in Wales you got her from  :blink:

To be honest With the amount of running around in circles Saffron did during our week in the peak district she probably clocked up more like well over 300 miles. I walked straight and did 70 miles  :005:

I can scan in Saffron's pedigree if you want and email you it as a jpeg picture file? Just send me a personal message with your email if you want me to do that. I'll have to type it up on my laptop.

thank you for being so kind and helpful Wrenside. I'd love to know more about how to get into trialling etc (and so would Saffron  ;) ). I read a little intro into it from the kennel club website yesterday.

Cazzie

« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2007, 10:49:23 PM »
Bets plan is to get involved with a Gun dog club of somesorts to get started into trials etc.  :blink:

Offline flashpanther

• Site Member
« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2007, 11:27:04 PM »
Cazzie: thank you. Appreciated the help. I read the first step is to join a society (as you just mentioned) and visit some Trials to see the dogs in action.

Wrenside also told me same and more (thanks again Wrenside for your personal message and help) .

Thanks again for all the welcomes. There are so many friendly people here that are kind enough to welcome new members.

Offline Shelley

• Site Member
  • Melody, Abi, Tia
« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2007, 05:18:33 PM »
Hello and welcome to the board to you both :D

Tia, Melody and Abi

RAW FED, CHEMICAL FREE DOGS!