Author Topic: Newbie from Scotland  (Read 2662 times)

Cazzie

Re: Newbie from Scotland
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2008, 01:54:51 PM »
Hi there and welcome along  :shades: Im from Perthshire too   :shades:

Offline joanne_v

• Site Member
  • Team Edward
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2008, 02:02:42 PM »
Hi, i'm another Scot (in edinburgh) with two cockers and a lurcher. They are bonkers! I dont think they ever grow up.... Loads of info on here about feeding fussy dogs, i'm sure if you post about it you'll get lots of good advice. Is Sox a worker or show cocker? I have one of each  :luv:

Mum to cockers Lily, Lance and Krumble and lurchers Arwen and Lyra. Hooman sister to Pepper, 13.

Offline sox

• Site Member
  • You don't have a life without a cocker
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2008, 03:00:23 PM »
Hello Dunbarney - Thanks for the welcome - Another bod from Perthshire - thats 3 now including me - where abouts in Perth are you from?

Offline sox

• Site Member
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2008, 03:01:54 PM »
Hi Jo, from another Jo - Sox is neither Im afraid he should be a working dog as he has so much energy to burn and would make a great show dog, when he is free from mud and water, lol.....

Cazzie

« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2008, 03:35:52 PM »
Hello Dunbarney - Thanks for the welcome - Another bod from Perthshire - thats 3 now including me - where abouts in Perth are you from?

Forgandenny  :shades:

Offline sox

• Site Member
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2008, 03:49:59 PM »
Aye, I know where that is its, Just up the road from my works.

Offline Ailsa

• Site Member
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2008, 03:58:28 PM »
Hello Ailsa - What breed of Spaniel do you have, she so looks like my boy, and yes I agree with you what they lack for in brains they make up in cuteness, mind you thou he is not thick but I think he plays up on the fact that 'hey if I act thick I can get away with anything' when he puts his mind and backside into gear he can be at times quite clever. But he is def the love of my life  :luv: and a loyal one at that  :D

She is a show cocker and certainly knows how to play my OH to get exactly what she wants. She would weigh about 15 stone if they were left to their own devices :005: I always end up being the baddy because I don't let her get away with things as much  >:(

Offline sox

• Site Member
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2008, 04:12:20 PM »
Sox used to be underweight until he was castrated, and now he is the ideal weight, mind you I have seen a few spaniels and omg what fatties!!!! surely thats cruel to let a dog get that obese!!!  >:( - Its the complete opposite with me I usually give in to him all the time, and its my oh thats the strict one, Sox always makes me feel guilty if we dont go out for a walk straight from work, as long as he has one before it gets dark then its not so bad!

Offline lisalh

• Donator
  • Fred
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2008, 05:49:42 PM »
Hi Jo,
Welcome to Col - I am another plastic jock (From N Ireland but live and work in Lossiemouth/Moray). I am owned (or should that be ruled) by Fred a B&W Working Cocker who seems quite calm compared to some others I have met unless he is playing with his ball and then he is OBSESSED....

Cant wait to see more pics

Lisa
The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog.  ~Ambrose Bierce

Offline joanne_v

• Site Member
  • Team Edward
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2008, 05:58:33 PM »
Hi Jo, from another Jo - Sox is neither Im afraid he should be a working dog as he has so much energy to burn and would make a great show dog, when he is free from mud and water, lol.....

I mean is he working type or show type? Neither of mine work or are shown

Mum to cockers Lily, Lance and Krumble and lurchers Arwen and Lyra. Hooman sister to Pepper, 13.

Offline sox

• Site Member
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2008, 08:14:41 PM »
Sorry Jo for being thick but I did not understand your message - doh  :shades:

Offline joanne_v

• Site Member
  • Team Edward
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2008, 09:45:53 PM »
You get two types of cocker spaniels. Both can be KC registered pedigree dogs but they can look and act quite differently. Show cockers are your typical Crufts cocker in terms of looks and are bred to conform with breed standards whereas working cockers are bred to work and usually have shorter body hair and a flatter head shape amongst other differences. There's loads of threads about it and I'm sure someone can find a link to add!

found one: http://www.cockersonline.co.uk/discuss/index.php?topic=40635.0

Offline sox

• Site Member
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2008, 10:18:45 PM »
Thanks Jo - I see what you mean now, by the looks of him and his stamina he is def a working dog but a very handsome one at that - I have posted photos now, made a mistake in the size of some of the pictures but spent too long transfering them over

Cazzie

« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2008, 10:24:52 PM »
Were having a mini meet next week if your up for it sox  :D

Offline sox

• Site Member
« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2008, 10:41:41 PM »
Evening - Sounds good to me - just let me know where and when and we will be there - Thank you