Author Topic: Iams  (Read 571 times)

Offline Izzyburgin

Iams
« on: February 18, 2012, 05:41:20 PM »
My 8 month old puppy had always had iams dry dog food and has never eaten a great deal!
I'm thinking of changing her as she hardly eats, iv tried wetting it, only putting it down for short times twice a day, leaving it down for her to graze! I have cut all treats out as advised but she still only eats tiny amounts? Anyone have the same problem or any advice! X

Offline maddy74

Re: Iams
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2012, 07:38:08 PM »
Maybe try another food? Willow has barking heads and loves it and its a good quality food. Ive put a link up of the food and where we get it from. Great web site, free delivery over a certain amount and quick service. If you are going to change food remember to do it gradually mixing with the Iams for about a fortnight starting with a small % of the new food and then increasing.

http://www.viovet.co.uk/advanced_search_result.php?search_in_keywords=1&plural=1&s=1&keywords=barking+heads+puppy+day

Ive posted a link to the puppy food, our Willow has the fusspot now she is an adult dog.

Another thing you could try to make the food your pup has more appealing is to add a teaspoon of natural yoghurt or a teaspoon of tuna.

Hope it all works out, let us know.

Maddy

Offline Patp

• Donator
  • Jinley
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2012, 08:46:16 PM »
Get some samples (most are free) first.  I made the mistake of buying a large bag assuming Jinley would like it and I have now packed it up to take to the Dogs Trust!

Pat

Offline maddy74

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2012, 09:11:10 PM »
Oh yes, Barking heads do samples if you email them, look directly on their web site.  ;)

Offline Sara750S

• Toby
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2012, 07:54:48 AM »
Maybe try another food? Willow has barking heads and loves it and its a good quality food.

So what size bag do you buy and how long does it last?