Author Topic: poor kiwi!  (Read 1021 times)

Offline kate2

• ** Kiwi & Lilly ** 4yr old WCS girls
poor kiwi!
« on: January 08, 2015, 09:20:36 AM »
She fell in the canal this morning!! no idea how, we were walking along the tow path and they were being pretty good and walking next to me for a change, then she started barking at something on the other side of the canal and the next thing there's a "splosh" and she's in!!  :o

I think it shocked me more than her! I managed to quickly hoik her out by her harness and took her straight home to get dry but she was charging about by the time we got back so not feeling too traumatised lol! She's not a water baby and wouldn't even cross a large puddle the other day! ph34r I got her out pretty quickly so not sure if she was swimming!

It was the second time we had left the house as well as first time I forgot to pick up their leads - I think its going to be one of those days!!  :-\

She's now asleep in her bed, having been towel dried and cuddled lots and given a stinky tripe stick for the shoc :P I will take them out for a longer walk at lunch to make up for it, hopefully will stop raining by then!  :P

Offline Walshies

• Fudge - our lovely chocolate boy
    • Masarnen Ramblers
Re: poor kiwi!
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2015, 10:01:17 AM »
Oh dear what an episode for the poor mite.

With all that lovely pampering and stinky tripe stick you had better watch she doesn't chuck herself in the canal more often :005:
Check out our website at www.masarnenramblers.com

Offline 8 Hairy Feet

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2015, 10:55:27 AM »
Aw poor Kiwi :luv:... our Ellie fell in
the Leeds and Liverpool at the weekend!
She can and does swim but getting out
on the towpath side is generally impossible.
I always keep a close eye on her on the canals.
steffxxx

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2015, 12:12:00 PM »
Oh poor Kiwi.....think you were more alarmed :luv:
Cocker kisses and cuddles just make my day!

You are always with me darlings Jaypup and my precious Oliver you are so missed

Offline MIN

• GEMMA
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2015, 12:32:29 PM »
I know how she feels, I nearly went in one while the rest of the coach party was looking  :shades:
i need a chocolate cake for shock not a tripe stick
Run free and fly high my beautiful Gemma
2011 - 2023 

----

Offline JennyBee

• Princess Brodie
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2015, 12:47:50 PM »
A similar thing happened to Brodie once. It was snowing and there was a pond with slush on the surface and Brodie thought it was a solid surface. An easy mistake to make, if she hadn't just watched another dog do exactly the same thing :shades: :005:. The look of shock on her face was comical, and she did have to swim to the edge so I could haul her out. Thankfully, like Kiwi, there was no adverse effects, except she realised more than ever how much she hates water!

Hope there are no more canal exploring for Kiwi in the future :shades: :luv:

x In memory of Barney x

Offline JeffD

• TEAL
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2015, 06:09:13 PM »
A similar thing happens to Teal when ever she is near water  :D, started in our pond when she was 12 weeks old now its flying leaps when ever she is near water, scares me when I cant see if there is sharp or dangerous objects below the water.
Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly

Offline dipsydoodlenoodle

• Donator
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2015, 08:45:23 AM »
Charlie did the same into the stinkiest water ever! He loves water, but he'd genuinely slipped into this (it was hysterical), but I did have to help him out....thankfully the drive home wasn't a long one and it was in OHs car...Charlie's reward was a bath!
My beautiful little boy Charlie :)

Offline Countrygirl

• Donator
    • Countrygirl
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2015, 08:21:21 PM »
Ellie did exactly the same.  We were near the beauty spot where we go most days for coffee and where everyone knows her, so I took her there, wrapped her in my fleece and sat her on my knee.  She wailed and wailed.  Even strangers were coming up to her to comfort her.  She keeps well away from the edge of the canal now. 

Offline MUDDYBOOTS

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2015, 09:42:45 PM »
  Poor Kiwi. :luv:

Benson and Gabby always manage to fall into the canal,so I tend to keep away from tow paths in winter.

Gabbys a pain on canal walks,shes worked out that if she leaps in I have to take my game bag off my shoulder and bend down

to fish her out,then she can dive in the bag and pinch a tennis ball. >:D.Shes to clever for her own good,ever five minutes its

splush,splush as she takes  flying leaps into the water. :005: :005:.