Author Topic: We survived and did the Cockers Proud  (Read 737 times)

Offline winewood

• Donator
  • Now in Italy
We survived and did the Cockers Proud
« on: October 28, 2006, 10:49:08 AM »
Just to let you know we survived and did the Cockers of Australia and the UK proud :luv: We were part of an obedience/agility demonstration team (8 of us) at a local school. I was very nervous :o really I do trust her but this was the first time away, we have only been to our club grounds doing obedience so I was quite terrified we would make a fool of ourselves with her nose stuck to the ground. But ... Indi did really well :luv: and I remembered the routine :005: Our club president was on the microphone telling everyone what we were doing and who we were there was food stalls, all around us loud speakers and a Pipe band and all the dogs behaved wonderfully. Also our head trainer watched on, both the president and our
head trainer came up to me later and congratulated me on how wonderful Indi worked she did not take her eyes of me heeling was perfect maybe due to the fact she did'nt get tea the night before or breakfast that day :o During and afterward she got to eat BBQ chicken so it was worth the wait. We also had a lot of people comming up and asking us questions about Cockers, I was so proud she is not just a pretty face :luv: My instructor also put fear into me by saying maybe you should leave her on the lead during the agility we dont want her to run off ie cake stalls :lol: well I forgot took the lead of as per usual (she has never run off at agility)and she did really well was the best a weaving bolted in and out like a champion. Well back to earth now, wimped out of the agiltiy comp thurs night  I know I should but Its me who is still in the wrong spot or not concentrating and missing a jump or going in the wrong direction :005: Should have a photo of the team will post it if its OK
Owned and trained by two mad cockers

Offline *jean*

• Donator
  • who need s pills when you have pals ?
Re: We survived and did the Cockers Proud
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2006, 10:58:09 AM »
love to see the pics, you are so lucky living where you do the weather must be great. Ours is getting worse by the min.well done. ;)

Offline jann

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2006, 05:30:10 PM »
 ;) Well done Indi (and you) you should be very proud of yourselves! :D

Offline cazza

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2006, 05:59:14 PM »
Well done

Offline Annette

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2006, 08:18:23 PM »
Well done. That's quite an achievement. You are right to feel proud.