Author Topic: Need a better camera  (Read 3463 times)

Offline Ian Wright

• Grace
    • Cages
Re: Need a better camera
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2009, 04:08:25 PM »
Glad you started this thread Ian because I'm thinking about the same thing. Niece visited at Christmas & had the Nikon D40X & it looked like a nice piece of equipment (& had lots of knobs/buttons & twiddly bits ..........just to show i know zilch about DSLR's  :005: ) but reading this thread a Canon (poss. 350D) would be a better bet?? Like you Ian, I would like to be able to take pretty decent photos of the doglets & granddaughter (don't want a cheaper one that is really easy to use but would prefer to pay more & have to 'learn' to use it properly. Having said that, I would like to get one, where transferring to PC is fairly straightforward & not too long winded & complicated  :shades:  ..........if there is such a camera?

:005: :005: :005: had lots of knobs/buttons & twiddly bits ..........just to show i know zilch about DSLR's  :005:  very good

i am not sure if they still sell the 350d new  :huh: i can only find them on e bay there is more to a camera  :huh: than i thought mind blowing  :huh:
but will be worth it when i get one

Amazing Grace Jalankiu    5/9/2009 18/5/2022

Offline vixen

• Stevie and Marley
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2009, 04:19:06 PM »
The Canon 350d is an older model but still excellent.  if you look back to my first  posting on here, they go for about £250 on eBay.
If Nicola and JaspersMum say it is good, it is.  They take superb photographs.  :D which are a real inspiration to us all.  ;)
Max (GSP)  always in my heart

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2009, 05:25:15 PM »
You won't get a new 350D any more but you should be able to find one in good condition 2nd hand if you look around; do you have any independent camera shops or dealers in your area? They might be able to source one for you if there's nothing on Ebay. The photo below was taken with my old 350D and is still one of my best action shots, it's definitely a good camera for action as well as portraits.

The 400D is also excellent and is a newer model so might be easier to find although I don't know how much they sell for 2nd hand.
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/