Author Topic: update on ollie i need advice  (Read 9838 times)

Offline donna26

• Site Member
  • Harvey
update on ollie i need advice
« on: October 18, 2007, 01:27:13 PM »
ok as many of you know ollie has kidney failure and he also has very bad anemia (sp) the vet has rang today with his blood results, he has been having bloods done every couple of weeks and now we are having to make the decision whether to put him to sleep or not, she said there is injections he can have to try and help with the anemia but they are slow injections which take 10 - mins and he will need them 3 times a week she said it wont help him get better in the long run, he has not eaten for days now and sleeps all the time, and its time to make a decision and i dont know what to do. please help i feel really torn  :'(

Offline Beth

• Site Member
Re: update on ollie i need advice
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2007, 01:29:29 PM »
Oh Donna i'm so sorry to hear this. I have no advice but just wanted to say i'm thinking of you and Ollie. :luv: :-*
Owned by Jarvis (Cocker), and Lucy (Cavalier).

Offline fenn2006

• Site Member
  • Best girl Fenn
    • www.photobucket.com
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2007, 01:31:53 PM »
This is so sad  :'( :'( and he is so young bless him....life just dosen't seem to make sense.  I think you know in your hearts of hearts what to do....Thinking of you xx
Cockers are little people with minds of their own... x0x

Offline CarolineL

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2007, 01:33:56 PM »
I think Donna that its only a decision you can make - which Im sure you know already.  :-*

I have seen many people say a moment too soon is better than a moment too late.  :'(

I have no advice either but am thinking of you and pray for you to stay strong and make the right decision for you and Ollie  :luv:
Caroline, Hurley the cocker, Jasper Cat and Little Mo xxxxx

"My name's not Hurley, it's Hugo Reyes. Hurley's just a nickname I have. Why?.... I'm not telling..."

Offline donna26

• Site Member
  • Harvey
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2007, 01:34:12 PM »
my hubby said it would be cruel to put him through the injections and its best for him to go to heaven, he said hes suffered enough in his short life he has had many problems and is always at the vets, i think i know whats best but i dont know if i can bear to make that phone call

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2007, 01:38:50 PM »
oh donna, so very very sorry to read this. The decision is a heartbreaking one   :'( :'( :'(

no advice, but sending love and strength to you all  :-* :-* :-*
helen & jarvis x

Offline bonnie blue

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2007, 01:40:22 PM »
Oh i am in tears bless you its the most awful decision to make .....if you love him you will let him go my heart really goes out to you  :'(
Owned by Molly and Poppy and never ever forgetting Maisie at the bridge x

Offline Gpalin

• Site Member
  • My Baby Floyd
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2007, 01:41:12 PM »
Oh Donna this has brought a tear to my eye im so, so sorry what a terrible decision to have to make especially when he's so young, I think your husband may be right.

I am so sorry to hear you are going though this and my thoughts are with you all  :-*
Gemma,gorgeous Floyd and cutey Charlie xxxxxxx
www.myspaniel.co.uk
'without a doggy in my world, life would be boring'

Offline donna26

• Site Member
  • Harvey
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2007, 01:46:09 PM »
thanks i am still not sure i know i have to make the right decision but not sure how i will cope after sounds selfish i know, i know i am only thinking of myself when i say i want him here with me, its his 1st birthday next month i have so much planned.

Offline Gpalin

• Site Member
  • My Baby Floyd
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2007, 01:49:37 PM »
thanks i am still not sure i know i have to make the right decision but not sure how i will cope after sounds selfish i know, i know i am only thinking of myself when i say i want him here with me, its his 1st birthday next month i have so much planned.

It's not selfish at all doggys become part of your family it's only natural you feel like that and I know that if I was in your position I wouldnt have a clue what to do and it would completley break my heart  :'(

Could you not wait till his 1st Birthday let him have the best birthday ever? How much does he seem to be suffering Donna?
Gemma,gorgeous Floyd and cutey Charlie xxxxxxx
www.myspaniel.co.uk
'without a doggy in my world, life would be boring'

Offline fenn2006

• Site Member
  • Best girl Fenn
    • www.photobucket.com
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2007, 01:51:01 PM »
[[[hug[[[ just want to give you a hug x Is so hard to say the right thing as nothing will make it any better. I am so sorry you and Ollie have to go through this xx  :-*
Cockers are little people with minds of their own... x0x

Offline CarolineL

• Site Member
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2007, 01:54:29 PM »
I have gone all leaky  :'(

Have you pm'ed Lisa (supaspaniel)? I know that she went through something similar with  her cocker Harmy- she might be able to talk to you about what to expect etc etc

I am thinking of you  :-* and Ollie too. Give him a cocker squidge from Hurley and yourself a ((hug)) from me

x
Caroline, Hurley the cocker, Jasper Cat and Little Mo xxxxx

"My name's not Hurley, it's Hugo Reyes. Hurley's just a nickname I have. Why?.... I'm not telling..."

Offline JoanneM

• Site Member
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2007, 01:57:02 PM »
Like most others I think its a decision only you and your family can make and whatever you decide will be the best decision for you.
I do agree with your hubby though saying it would be cruel to put him through the injections, but still its a tough decision . Thinking of you all.  :'(

Offline *Theresa*

• Donator
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2007, 02:09:52 PM »
Oh God Donna. That terrible news and I am thinking of you honey. You WILL know what to do and you WILL find the strength to do it when you have to.  :-*
Theresa, Dave, Glen and Sally (or their aliases Gwendoline and Scallywag)

Offline Nuffi

• Site Member
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2007, 03:22:17 PM »
I'm so so sorry to read this, and what a horrible heartbreaking situation for you. But the important thing is that you love him, and that he knows that, and that you will do the right thing for him, and not let him suffer  :'( :'( :'(   
Veronika, with Jerry & Bonnie