Author Topic: sore ears  (Read 1617 times)

Offline Luvlylady

• Site Member
sore ears
« on: April 17, 2004, 04:07:05 PM »
bells got a sore ear again same one shes rubbing it all over the place today , so it must be quite sore, although shes not complained till today , rang the vets they cant fit her in till monday morning , is there anything i can do to help her till then ? i used to give my old cocker half a paracetamol , not sure if it would be ok , is there anything else you give your dogs to relive pain ?                    

Offline shonajoy

• Site Member
sore ears
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2004, 04:54:45 PM »
I'm sorry, I don't know pain wise, but someone here recommended Thornit ear powder for ear mites, if it's that, and I haven't looked back. It's wonderful stuff.

I hope someone can help pain wise, just a tip in case its any use to you in the future

Shona x                    
Shona, Indie(5) and Hamish (4)

Offline Luvlylady

• Site Member
sore ears
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2004, 10:23:49 PM »
thanks for your reply shona :) she already had ear drops just somthing cockers get quite alot , well im sure the vet will sort her out thanks :)                    

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
sore ears
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2004, 10:34:40 PM »
Sorry to hear of Bells ear problem Nicole :(   Hope she gets some relief from it soon!                    

Offline Luvlylady

• Site Member
sore ears
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2004, 01:35:59 AM »
thanks im sure she will be fixted pretty quick , a long run tommoro should make her forget it for a while  :)                    

Offline Pammy

• Inactive
sore ears
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2004, 12:03:41 PM »
I found the drops exacerbated the condition adding to the moisture and heat etc - Thornit is great. Have you trimmed the fur well? as that helps trap the warm air adding to the problem.

Hope she feels better soon.                    
Pam n the boys

Growing old is compulsory growing up is optional

Offline Luvlylady

• Site Member
sore ears
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2004, 05:10:36 PM »
yup i trim the ears , her ears are really hot sometimes i hold them up to let some fresh air to get to them , aparently its a problem as you say lack of air to dry them  , i wonder basset hounds must have this type of problem too , my other vet said sometimes they cut a tiny peice of of the  ear like a channel to allow moisture out . i wonder how many dogs have that op , bella only has it in one ear ill get some thornit can anyone remeber the website where i can buy it ?                    

scoobie

sore ears
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2004, 06:02:53 PM »
Sorry to hear bout your dogs sore ear I buy mine (thornit) from www.championpetsonline.co.uk swear by the stuff and champ pets will send you a very informative leaflet about ear infections.
My dog scoobie had a op last year which didn't help one bit only a change of diet stopped endless ear infections for him not asking you to change your dogs diet but would strongly recommmend thornit I wish that I knew about thornit before I had agreed to op!!
good luck and hope she finds relief soon
Edith                    

Offline shonajoy

• Site Member
sore ears
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2004, 08:38:50 PM »
Hope it helps. Indie's ears get really hot and moist too, and though I try to flip them over to air them when he's asl;eep, it's still a problem. The thornit stuff seems to keep them really dry and clean, he just gets a teeny amount when he needs it, maybe once a month now, and no problems since.

He's had lots of brown wax at one point too, and a tiny amount of the powder clumped it up enough to be easily removed, fab stuff.

Good luck.                    
Shona, Indie(5) and Hamish (4)

Offline Luvlylady

• Site Member
sore ears
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2004, 08:11:59 PM »
well bella went to the vets today . nothing wrong with her except her ear . he gave her a booster there , and some ear drops £85 bill  :shock:  ah well cant complain shes not had much wrong with her , then i took her to tesco i stood outside with her,kinda  dropted her right into meeting people , shes normaly scared stiff of people and tesco was sooo busy she kept trying to greet the people  , couldent stop her  :lol:but she was scared when they tried to touch her  :(   hopefuly this will change her ways knowing shes been with humans and is still alive to tell the tail  . now dogs.....  wonder how we can fix that