Author Topic: bad news for Jak  (Read 9843 times)

Offline mary w

• Site Member
bad news for Jak
« on: June 21, 2008, 01:27:33 PM »
Bad news this morning, Jak (left)  after a number of tests and the removal of a lump, Jak has an aggressive form of leukaemia. He is doing fine at the moment, but we don’t know how long for. We have opted for steroids rather than chemotherapy treatment, because the vet told us it was just a matter of time.
At the moment he is very active, and when the time comes that we feel he is suffering, we will do the right thing. I’m sorry to put this sad news on the forum, I just need some thoughts.
He is such a love and my heart is in bits. :luv:
Love machine

Offline cdpops

• Site Member
Re: bad news for Jak
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2008, 01:34:06 PM »
I am so sorry to hear this. :'(There are never the right words at times like this. You and Jak are in my thoughts. Try to stay positive and enjoy him whilst he is still well  :luv:  :luv:

Offline Tess72

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2008, 01:44:19 PM »
oh poor you, i m sorry for you and  jak and will b thinkin of you all, take care and have fun with your little whilst he s well :luv:
Tess n Florence xx

Offline tiamaria

• CHARLEY CHOPS
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2008, 01:49:31 PM »
Aww Mary my heart goes out to you! Please stay positive and try to remember what is best for Jak! I will be thinking of you!  :luv:

Best wishes

Maria

REUBY DOOO!

Offline ali

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2008, 01:56:12 PM »
i'm so sorry to read your news. :'( it sounds like jak is blessed with a wonderfully caring family. i hope you are all able to enjoy your time together and am sure he will let you know when it is time to make the hardest but kindest decision for him. i'll be thinking of you. do let us know how he is doing. he looks like a gorgeous boy!  :luv:
'my goal in life is to be as good a person as my dog already thinks i am'

Offline wales07

• Site Member
  • Honey - rest in peace my precious
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2008, 01:59:39 PM »
Thinking of you :luv: with tears in my eyes as this is what took my bess (labrador) last year. We didnt have treatment as by the time the vets found out it was too late. We were offered steroids that they said may keep her comfortable for around 2 weeks to enable us to say our goodbyes :'( but we felt that it wasnt fair to keep her going for us as the vet felt that she must be feeling awfully unwell. So we had her for the weekend and then had her pts on the monday, it was supposed be be on the tuesday but she had suddenly gone down hill over the weekend and had refused to eat which for her was unheard of ever.She wagged her tail right to the end.
You are in my thoughts.I hope that jak doesnt suffer too much.Enjoy him when you can and take strength from all the lovely people on here who have you in their thoughts.

Offline Karma

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2008, 02:00:53 PM »

So sorry to hear your news!!  :'(
Hope that Jak continues to enjoy his life, and that he doesn't suffer when the time comes...  :'(   :luv:
Remembering Honey. Aug 2007-July 2020

Offline marbledmolly

• Site Member
  • Remy & Jade
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2008, 02:08:10 PM »
my thoughts are with you. Our very fist dog had a type of leukaemia and although he wasn't in pain at all he was extreally tired all the time and he was just like a empty shell with no zest for life.  I know is not easy but make the most of the time you have left together, and the strength to know the right time.  :luv:

Offline Clover

• Site Member
  • Clover & Amy
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2008, 02:14:01 PM »
Thinking of you and Jak, sad news. x

Willow and Katie

Offline Sheryl

• Donator
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2008, 02:15:32 PM »
I had more or less the same thing with Chloe.  A few lumps, then lots of lumps which were mast cell tumours.  I was given the choice to continue the steroids she was already on and if it meant one more day with Chloe then that is what we wanted.  Whilst she was pain free, it mattered not anyway.  We were told to go away and enjoy her for the week or two we had left, which is what we did but it is pretty difficult when you know your baby is going to leave you.  I hope you get many more weeks/months/years with Jak yet.  I am so sorry because I know how you feel inside and I wish I could help, with Jak and with your heart :luv:
Sheryl, Holly, Kali, Baby Lyla and Angel Chloe

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2008, 02:35:07 PM »
I'm so sorry to hear this; thinking of you at this sad time and I hope that you and Jak have the oppotunity to make some more memories  :-*
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline suzysu

• Site Member
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2008, 02:35:44 PM »
Aww I am so sorry to hear your sad news (((hugs)))  :luv: ...enjoy the time you have together and I hope Jak is with you for as long as possible, take care, thinking of you xxxxx
Sue, Georgie n Daisy x
   "I luv my girls"

Offline jools

• Site Member
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2008, 02:42:29 PM »
So sorry to read this. I hope Jak stays well for a very long time to come.
With love from Julie, Bramble Poppy and Coco xxx

Offline angelbaby

• Site Member
  • My love, my life, my cocker spaniel
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2008, 02:51:37 PM »
oh poor Jak, my thoughts are with you and him, it must be heartbreaking for you xxx
My little angel, sent to me in my time of need, i love you with every piece of my broken heart xx
My beautiful boy xx

Offline Beth

• Site Member
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2008, 02:52:50 PM »
thinking of you  :luv: x
Owned by Jarvis (Cocker), and Lucy (Cavalier).