Author Topic: Limping  (Read 1542 times)

Offline KellyP

• Site Member
    • http://www.millies-website.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/
Limping
« on: April 30, 2004, 06:57:32 AM »
Morning Folks,

Millie started limping yesterday, for no apparent reason.
I've run my hands down her legs squeezing and flexing her legs; I've felt between her pads, her pads and her claws. I can't seem to find anything.
She's not yelping, nor is it hindeing her charging about, although I have tried to calm her down.
It seemed worse this morning when I let her out of her crate.
I've had a quick flick back through the forum becuase I seem to remember someone, (maybe Phoebe??  :?: ) had a similiar situation and I think Jane said that she could have some aspirin, and to try that for a day or so before taking her to the vet.
So, Millie's about 10kgs, should I give her just 1/2 an aspirin today and see how she gets on?

It's not bothering her in the slightest, she is currently wrestling with Jenni - which will be hard to stop, as obviously she needs rest! :roll:

Am I being cruel not taking her to the vets?                    
Kelly, Tristian, Millie & Jenni (double woof!)

www.millies-website.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk

Offline Pammy

• Inactive
Limping
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2004, 07:33:49 AM »
Kelly

I've had this a few times with Buddy. Comes on really suddenly and then goes within a few hours. If she's not in obvious pain, then I'd leave her be to see how she goes.

P                    
Pam n the boys

Growing old is compulsory growing up is optional

Offline annemie

• Site Member
    • http://members.chello.nl/~a.notten1/
Limping
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2004, 09:09:22 AM »
Hi Kelly,

Our boys have had this several times. If they can play we don't give anything for the pain. But we go to the vet if it's holding on for a few days.

I hope that it goes away very quickly.

Succes                    
Greetings,

Annemie and a big kiss from Joep, Joris and Henry

[img width= height=]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v336/annemiejojo/Webfiets.jpg[/img]

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
Limping
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2004, 09:23:47 AM »
Hi Kelly

Its quite recent that Indie had this same problem.  I was going to take her he vets, but she didn't seem in any pain atall with it :?   I gave her 2 days rest without walkies and after that she was fine :)   I think maybe she must have pulled a muscle or something!

I would leave her if shes not in any obvious pain, see how shes goes after a day or so :)

You cruel!!! :roll:  As IF!! :lol:                    

Offline KellyP

• Site Member
    • http://www.millies-website.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/
Limping
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2004, 07:07:25 PM »
thanks folks,

She's still limping, and not crying out - I know if she was in pain she would because she screamed like a banshee when she'd ripped her claw out :shock:

She was holding her paw funny earlier on when eating her dinner - just slightly lifting it off the floor. So I've had another look at her paws / between them and I can't see anything  :?  :?

I hope she doesn't get worse because its a long weekend - the vet would have a field day if we had to see him on bank holiday monday ! :roll:

Is there anything else I can check? Am I missing something ?                    
Kelly, Tristian, Millie & Jenni (double woof!)

www.millies-website.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
Limping
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2004, 07:15:38 PM »
Hi Kelly

Maybe try standing her in a warm bath, not sure if you can use, very diluted dettol on dogs :?  but the warm water may draw anything out thats perhaps trapped itself :?   If not, if it is a muscle strain, may just help soothe it a bit for her :)   Or if she will let you, a warm hot water bottle on the area :?  warm hot water bottle :?  :lol:  you know what I mean!!! :lol:

Hope shes feeling better in the morning                    

Offline Silver Surfer (indiesnan)

• Site Member
Limping
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2004, 07:33:54 PM »
Hi Kelly, have you checked for a grass seed ? My other dog Meg had one embedded in her toe.  :?

If Millie is letting you handle her foot, i dont think it can be to serious.
Maybe a pulled muscel when she's been playing.                    
* Barb & Nell * ~~He who claims he knows, knows nothing. He who claims nothing knows~~