Author Topic: Pipers Season  (Read 1366 times)

Offline Pipers Mummy

• Site Member
Pipers Season
« on: May 06, 2004, 08:05:50 PM »
Piper is on the 9th day of her first season.  She has hardly lost any blood - just little spots here and there and for the last two days I have not noticed anything at all.  Just wondering if this was normal as I was expecting it to become heavier during the second week  :?

Also, she had been  a little bit subdued and lethargic during the first week but appears to have perked up and is back to her playful self  - again over the last couple of days :D

Was I just expecting her seaon to be  worse than it actually is? :?

Advice gratefully received.... :                    
Cocker Kisses from Louise & Piper xxx

Offline Pammy

• Inactive
Pipers Season
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2004, 09:04:21 PM »
Louise - this is very normal. The amount of loss varies from bitch to bitch - some can be quite messy others have no visible loss at all. You are one of the lucky ones - nicely in the middle - which means you do at least know she is on season :wink:  :D

Also diff bitches react in diff ways - just like us women :wink: some can be quite moody grumpy so and so's - some no visible change, others subdued :lol:

hth                    
Pam n the boys

Growing old is compulsory growing up is optional

Offline Mary P

• Site Member
Pipers Season
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2004, 10:04:05 PM »
Hi,
Suzie who we looked after last summer spotted all over the place and was so grumpy she even growled at a bag of shopping she bumped into! :evil:
Tia on the other hand became more lively but also slept longer, but kept herself so clean that she didn't spot at all - we could see the blood when she lay on her back. :)
I'd agree that they're all different!                    
Mary P

Please help me raise £1000 for MAGGIE'S CENTRES
Thanks!

www.justgiving.com/Mary-Cuba2015

I NEED YOUR HELP, PLEASE DONATE!!! PLEASE ASK OTHERS TO DONATE!!!

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
Pipers Season
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2004, 10:09:35 PM »
Hi Louise!

Indie has been the same, really quiet and sleeping a lot, she is just spotting too, nothing too drastic :)   To be honest, like Piper she has been a dream, no grumpiness atall, just her kind natured self as always :D

I do feel so sorry for her though, it was such a lovely evening, and hubbie said shall we drive out to the beach with Indie, and then we remembered we couldn't, poor lamb, everytime one of us goes for our coat, she stands there wagging her tail, wanting out :wink:

Have you taken Piper out atall?                    

Offline Mike

• Retired!
  • Site Member
Pipers Season
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2004, 10:36:11 PM »
And the same with Daisy too - you wouldnt know she was in season except for her swelling and occasional blood drops, good job she's regular so I know when to expect it. My springer, on the other hand, always looks as if she's going to burst into tears when in season (probably more so about not being taken for walks for 3 weeks :roll:)                    

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
Pipers Season
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2004, 10:43:03 PM »
Awww poor Daisy too, bless her!                    

Offline Pipers Mummy

• Site Member
Pipers Season
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2004, 05:50:57 PM »
Thanks for all of your replies.  At least I know the little one is 'normal'  :D  and I will consider myself very lucky  :D

Emma - yes we have been walking Piper.  On the lead and only at very quiet times in the park near to where we live.  We have bumped into other dogs on a couple of occasions where we find our lovely little girl transforms herself into a right old hussy  :shock:   :oops:  We know all the dogs and their owners so no contact is made - much to Piper's disgust  :lol:

Piper ususally spends evenings trying to bonk Charlies arm and occasionally her bed  :roll:  :oops:                    
Cocker Kisses from Louise & Piper xxx