Author Topic: worming  (Read 993 times)

Offline tiamaria

• CHARLEY CHOPS
worming
« on: September 07, 2008, 07:17:16 PM »
Is there a best time of day to do it? Morning or night? Also is it every 2 weeks? If so when is that till?  :D

REUBY DOOO!

Offline ludo

• Site Member
  • Enya
    • Shirepark Cockers
Re: worming
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2008, 07:34:16 PM »
Hi - not sure how old your puppy is - we do Dax once a month usually at t-time (no particular reason just convenience) - I don't think it matters what time you do it as far as I am aware - your vet should be able to advise you  ;)
http:www.shireparkcockers.co.uk

Offline tiamaria

• CHARLEY CHOPS
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2008, 07:48:04 PM »
just thinking incase of a bad reaction!

hes almost 11 weeks  :D

REUBY DOOO!

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2008, 07:51:07 PM »
Mine get wormed with Milbemax every 6 months. It's once a month up to 6 months then again at 9 and 12 months and then it's really up to you after that, usually it's either 3 or 6 monthly. I don't think time of day particularly matters but if you do it in the morning and it doesn't agree with him for whatever reason (some dogs don't react well to Drontal for example) at least you'll be around to take him outside.
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline Cath

• Site Member
  • Breagh
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2008, 07:53:53 PM »
Going by my vet; it's once a month up to 6 months, then every 12 weeks (Drontal). So if he is 11 weeks now and was done at 8 weeks then he will be due in another week, or when 12 weeks old. Your vet should keep you right though.

Murron

Nothing beats the unconditional love of our doey eyed spaniels.
Cath, Breagh, Caoimhe and my angel at the bridge Milly.

Offline tiamaria

• CHARLEY CHOPS
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2008, 08:02:45 PM »
Hmm i really dont want any more reasons to be getting up during the night.  ph34r Iv got Milbimax (if thats spelled right?)

I for some reason thought it was fortnightly?? He was done at 8 weeks - so yes he'l be due the week hes finally allowed out! HOORAY!

thanks for the input!  :D

REUBY DOOO!

Offline Dark Side

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2008, 08:09:21 PM »
Breeders normally worm puppies every two weeks from two weeks old until they are three months old then its monthly until six to twelve months,

Monty was on the panacur 10% liquid, he is now on panacur favourites as he is over four months old and getting bigger.

Has your vet advised you when you took him for a vet check after you bought him or when he had his injections??  

Offline tiamaria

• CHARLEY CHOPS
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2008, 08:18:28 PM »
Breeders normally worm puppies every two weeks from two weeks old until they are three months old then its monthly until six to twelve months,

Monty was on the panacur 10% liquid, he is now on panacur favourites as he is over four months old and getting bigger.

Has your vet advised you when you took him for a vet check after you bought him or when he had his injections?? 

he asked when hed been wormed. i think he presumed i knew with having a pup not long ago??? i already had 2 wormers of charleys. he weighed him and told me to just give one - but not how often.

i must have got muddled with the 2 weeks pre 8 weeks!  ::)

thanks

REUBY DOOO!

Offline bluegirl

• Site Member
    • www.millionhairsdoggrooming.co.uk
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2008, 08:56:21 PM »
Hmm i really dont want any more reasons to be getting up during the night.  ph34r Iv got Milbimax (if thats spelled right?)

I for some reason thought it was fortnightly?? He was done at 8 weeks - so yes he'l be due the week hes finally allowed out! HOORAY!

Milbemax is fortnightly for pups until 12 weeks then monthly til 6 mths then treat as adult ier 2 -3 times per yr. You shouldn't get side effects, all my pups have it and I really like it because it's so gentle. I give in the evening but you can give anytime. Results if he has worms will follow 2 days later. I've never experienced vomiting or diarrhoea from it.
Karen, Penny, Logan, Phoebe and Bronte.

"Life is a series of dogs".    George Carlin

I was going to take over the world but got distracted by something sparkly.

Offline ludo

• Site Member
  • Enya
    • Shirepark Cockers
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2008, 09:02:37 PM »
Ooo thought it was monthly up to 12 months ... best check with my vet  ;)  We use Milbemax here - Drontal has funny side effects  ;)
http:www.shireparkcockers.co.uk

Offline tiamaria

• CHARLEY CHOPS
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2008, 09:04:32 PM »

Milbemax is fortnightly for pups until 12 weeks then monthly til 6 mths then treat as adult ier 2 -3 times per yr. You shouldn't get side effects, all my pups have it and I really like it because it's so gentle. I give in the evening but you can give anytime. Results if he has worms will follow 2 days later. I've never experienced vomiting or diarrhoea from it.

Ahhh so is that why i thought it was 2 weeks? Thanks for that! Shall do him in the morning!  :D

REUBY DOOO!