Author Topic: Worming  (Read 619 times)

Offline purdyrose

Worming
« on: November 04, 2008, 09:59:34 AM »
Hi

Just some advice please....  Rosie is still not eating properly in the morning.
I wondered whether the worming solution Panacur, that I added to her meal the other day would have got into her system? I put the solution in with her meal and she struggled to eat it - I then hand fed the rest  to her co's I wanted her to clear her bowl and get the medicine into her. In theory, she ate all the meal so do you think that I have covered the worming.

I previously asked whether anyone thought Stronghold was any better than Frontline but I didn't get any replies. I'm just about to re-order Frontline but someone mentioned stronghold & just wanted to know if anyone else uses it?

Would be grateful for just these two queries - please.

Thanks
Leigh

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
Re: Worming
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2008, 10:30:20 AM »
She'll be fine with regard to the worming.  I have used most of the flea preparations over the years and found Stronghold was better for us. My dogs get bathed frequently and the efficacy of the Stronghold in this respect was higher than Frontline. Also Stronghold gives you the added benefits of treating roundworm, ear mites etc. It really is just down to personal choice and what suits the individual dog
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2008, 11:38:31 AM »
Sorry - must have missed your query, I use Frontline Combo for fleas and Milbemax for worms.

But as Jay says everyone uses what they are comfortable with, unless they have reason to change.
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline purdyrose

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2008, 05:40:21 PM »
Thanks for the replies .
 Jay..... where do you get your Stronghold from? I wanted to get if off the Internet to save a few pennies but it seems to be prescription only.  I hate travelling to the vets (it's not near) and it's easier choosing from home as well.
Vet-med only have prescription only so do you know of any site for it please.

Thanks
Leigh

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2008, 06:35:41 PM »
Hiya, assuming Rosie has been seen at the vets recently, they may be able to post a prescription to you and you can then purchase your Stronghold online.  If they do this, they may request payment for the prescription charge to be made over the phone at the time.

I used to work in a vets so I stocked up before I left  :005:
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline Rats and Dogs

• Donator
  • My gorgeous Gari. 25/11/97 - 17/06/09
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2008, 07:33:12 PM »
Hiya, assuming Rosie has been seen at the vets recently, they may be able to post a prescription to you and you can then purchase your Stronghold online.  If they do this, they may request payment for the prescription charge to be made over the phone at the time.
Vet are now allowed to charge for writing prescriptions again after a 3 year ban - my place is charging £7.50! :o  So, you probably wouldn't make any savings by buying online with something inexpensive.
Fiona, Dougie & Tia x
Gari - My Angel at The Bridge