Author Topic: I can't believe I'm writing this - Toby is booked for an operation*UPDATED pg 4  (Read 4236 times)

Offline Jane57

• Donator
  • Riley
So sorry and can only imagine how you are feeling, its the not knowing and having to put Toby through this.
As others have said, but then again suppose you have did so and looked everywhere,
even caught in some clothing, a slipper, its amazing where things can end up.

I so hope you find it, thinking of you all tonight. x

Offline Neon

• Donator
So many kind thoughts, thank you so much.  :luv:

We have looked and looked and can't find the lid.

We've looked in drawers (that were shut at the time), shoes, flowerpots, cups. under the table and chairs - everywhere.

Toby unfortunately is the kind of dog who snaffles and swallows immediately, he always has been and I have to watch him like a hawk.

He's sleeping now and (with the vet's approval) has eaten his dinner.

I'm praying the lid makes an appearance one way or the other before tomorrow morning.

My stomach is in knots and I don't want to eat anything. so worried about it all.

If I was 100% sure he had swallowed it, it would be easier but because we just cannot find it, we have to assume he has.

My biggest fear is that he has the op but the lid isn't there.  Oh dear....................

(RIP Charlie and Jarvis - Love You Both Forever)  :luv: :luv:

Offline ollie nathan's mum

• Donator
Only just seen this thread, you must be frantic. Thinking of you and hope all goes well. :luv:
Ollie D.O.B 29/03/2010

Offline Sula

• Raisin
Thinking of you all as well, what a horribile thing to have happened.  :'(

Offline fenby

• Donator
  • Harvey
Poor you what a worry.I do hope the lid turns up one way or another , I expect you will be searching all night. If Toby does have an op tomorrow we wish him a speedy recovery.

Offline ejp

• Donator
So sorry, what a horrible situation to be in. Thinking of you  :bigarmhug:

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
Could he have carried it off somewhere then dropped it? Have you checked his bed, garden etc?

I have a dog just like him and even having eyes in the back of your head wouldn't be enough! Hope all goes well tomorrow  :luv:
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline Jessie_Pup

• Donator

Hope the lid turns up . Sending Toby and yourselves :bigarmhug:

Erica.

Offline Lily Freya

• Owned by Luis, Ollie and Gracie.
Mel, this is awful news.  I am so sorry to read it, and especially as you were all looking forward to the holiday with Toby so much.

We have absolutely everything crossed for your boy....and for you and Andy too...because this is so worrying for you.

Sending lots of cyber hugs, and looking forward to the possibility of reading that the op is not necessary.

Lots of love from Maureen, Roger, Luis, Ollie and Gracie Mae. Xxxx
No longer in my arms, but forever in my heart, my girls at the Bridge, Lily and Freya. Xx

Offline ebony girl

oh you poor thing.....dont beat yourself up its not your fault,  :'(

big hugs xxxx

Offline HeatherandBenjy

• Site Member
Sending you lots of these :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug:

Really hope that the lid appears one way or another before tomorrow morning.

Our first springer, Benjy, arrived from the pound having eaten half of his bed (which the pound 'forgot' to tell us). Within 24 hours of him arriving he was being sick, straining to go to the toilet and howling in pain. He ended up having an emergency op and the vet told us later that he was on one table and his stomach through to his bowels was on the adjacent table (obviously still attached). They removed a pillowcase size amount of bedding from his gut and he had a huge amount of stitches.

He did recover very well and very quickly though (we think he was about 8 at the time). He was on light lead walks for a couple of weeks but coped really well. Here's hoping that Toby's op is better (as its planned and the vet knows what he's looking for) and that his recovery is swift.

We're sending all the positive thoughts we can muster for him :bigarmhug:
Heather, Buddy, Archie, Fizzy, Bruno and Amber!

Offline coopersmum

Oh No!!! I'm so sorry that you and your boy are going through this. The not knowing must be awful :( All fingers, toes, paws and hooves are crossed here that if he has swallowed it, it makes an appearance before morning and if he hasn't swallowed it that it rears its head! The worry must be awful. Big hugs to you all. 

Offline Lily Pup

Oh No, how horrible  :'(   Sending lots of  :bigarmhug: and flobbery kisses your way.

My big dog Bailey went through 2 foreign object removal operations and it all turned out ok, he sailed through them  :D  
The first the vet wasn't 100% sure there was anything in him as it didn't show up on x-ray so it was a chance I took, better safe than sorry I thought and thank dog I did, he'd eaten an empty bag of dried fruit (Kiara had managed to get into the bin!!!) and the bottom was similar to a crisp bag, where it's sealed just stiffer, it managed to perforate his intestine and wrap around it and all his stomach contents leaked into his body cavity  :fear2:  Luckily we caught it in time and my wonderfully brilliant vet sorted him out  :dance04:  

The recovery was harder on me than him, that keeping him quiet malarky is a nightmare  :005:  

Good Luck and I hope it all goes well tomorrow  :luv:

sarahR

Hope all goes well.  have you looked in any shoes lying around in case it bounced and his water bowl.

Offline Wenco18

• Donator
  • With Lottie and Lola in North Yorkshire
I really feel for you  :'( I so hope the lid turns up before the morning but will be thinking of you tomorrow if the operation has to go ahead.

I would be exactly the same as you as it is too risky just to leave alone  :'(

Wendy, Lottie and Lola x

Lottie dob 26/04/09
Lola  dob  10/10/2011