Author Topic: I can't believe I'm writing this - Toby is booked for an operation*UPDATED pg 4  (Read 4235 times)

Offline Peony

Sorry to hear this, sending you hugs :bigarmhug:
Gemma & Gracie

Offline Jonnydog

• Donator
  • Penny Black - b. 7/5/2011
Sending massive  :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: and prayers for you and Toby.

Jess - my little companion 2003-2011

Offline Toni-UK

• Site Member
  • Booby-Doo
I hope that lid shows up in some bizarre place between now and tomorrow Mel,fingers crossed for the morning poo.

If that fails i'm sure he will be in good hands and will recover in no time but i know you will still beside yourself with worry,but know that we are beside you too.  :-*

:bigarmhug: to you and your OH.

People laugh at me because I'm different, but I laugh at them because they are all the same.

Offline Ruby Tuesday

• My little Jem
Everything is crossed for you here x
Julie, Ruby and Jem. And never forgetting our first precious dog, Cassie x

Offline bluegirl

• Site Member
    • www.millionhairsdoggrooming.co.uk
Oh dear, hope he's ok.

Is it possible that if its not passed by tomorrow morning he could be spared another 24 hrs and possibly given an enema to see if it doesn't pass through naturally?

Or perhaps would a repeat xray tomorrow help as if its causing a blockage surely it would be seen on the xray as a distended bowel (gases)?

I understand you are really worried but just wondering if the op really is the only way forward?
Karen, Penny, Logan, Phoebe and Bronte.

"Life is a series of dogs".    George Carlin

I was going to take over the world but got distracted by something sparkly.

Offline KellyT

• Hazel, Jennie & Millie - the 3 Muskaspaniels
Both M & J have had 'belly out' ops.  :'(

Millie after months of being unwell as she'd eaten a piece of decorative garden bark, and Jennie when we thought her back pain was potentially abdominal.

Both recovered well and quickly despite the surgery they had, and even though Jennie didn't have anything in her stomach, I'm very glad we had it done as it definitively ruled out abdominal issues.

Fingers crossed for Tobes whatever your decision, and big hugs for you xx

Kelly & the 3 muskaspaniels x

Offline Poppsie

• Donator
  • Mia and Phoebe
Awww Mel  :luv: :luv: what a little tinker here's hoping he hasn't snaffled it  :luv: and it's just flown off somewhere where you haven't looked  :luv: big  :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug:'s to you Mel x x x

poppy 31/12/95-27/4/2009
Pebbles 14/1/97-10/2/2011 
my beautiful girls together again forever x

Offline LilahLoo

You poor thing, my heart goes out to you.

I'm keeping everything crossed for Toby tomorrow. The waiting is the worst part. He'll bounce back from the op in no time I'm sure.

Offline Countrygirl

• Donator
    • Countrygirl
Hope with all my heart that that top turns up before morning.  Failing that, will be thinking of Toby tomorrow.

Offline twiceover2

• Donator
So sorry to hear this.  Really hoping the lid turns up before Toby has the operation.  If not, all the best for tomorrow and I hope he makes a speedy recovery.

Offline debsy09

• Deputy Dillon
What a terrible dilemma .....keeping everything crossed for you and Toby, praying that lid 'shows up' before morning x

Offline SusieY

Really sorry to hear your news.  Barney had an emergency op in January to remove a blockage - we were frantic but he bounced back and to see him now you'd never know

Or perhaps would a repeat xray tomorrow help as if its causing a blockage surely it would be seen on the xray as a distended bowel (gases)?

I understand you are really worried but just wondering if the op really is the only way forward?

We took Barney in because he was being sick and straining to go to the loo.  The blockage didn't show up on the xray but an enlarged bowel and build up of gasses did

Thinking of you all xx

Offline Choc-Chip

So sorry to hear this. Can't imagine how you're feeling. Just wanted to say fingers crossed for you all and will be thinking of you. :luv:

Offline Neon

• Donator
Just want to thank everyone for your kind wishes and a HUGE thanks to those who have PM'd me with invaluable advice.  :luv:  Unfortunately, no plastic lid has appeared but at least Toby is settled.  I doubt I will sleep, I'll be listening out for him.

I'll update tomorrow, hopefully. 

(RIP Charlie and Jarvis - Love You Both Forever)  :luv: :luv:

Offline Pearly

• Donator
  • Pearl, Coral, Sally, Purdey and Kukri
hope you have a quiet night and all goes well in the morning xx