Author Topic: Rescue Cocker  (Read 7337 times)

Offline Robbie34

• Donator
Rescue Cocker
« on: July 31, 2023, 08:43:54 PM »
I lost Jamie in March to Chronic Kidney Disease.  He was only nine and I was distraught when after treatment he had to be euthanised.  I would love another rescue Cocker but couldn't travel down to Many Tears.  I feel I'm too old to get a puppy, although I would love one.  I have Timmy, who misses Jamie, and he's another reason for wanting another Cocker.

Offline MIN

• GEMMA
Re: Rescue Cocker
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2023, 09:32:17 PM »
Spaniel Aid uk  have " plenty " looking for homes. all ages and are fostered all over the country.   they are on facebook and have a wed site .   they also require foster pawents
Run free and fly high my beautiful Gemma
2011 - 2023 

----

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2023, 08:41:46 AM »
So sorry to hear about Jamie - I lost Coco to kidney disease in 2020. It's just heartbreaking.    :'(

Spaniel Aid, Second Chance Spaniel Rescue, Cocker Spaniels needing homes, Spaniel Assist Rescue and Rehoming, Save our Spaniels, CAESSR - all rehome cockers and have Facebook pages and usually websites too. So many gorgeous cockers and spaniels generally in rescue at the moment.

Good luck finding a new friend for yourself and Timmy  :-*
Julie and Watson

Offline Robbie34

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2023, 11:31:07 AM »
I have registered with two of those rescues but they never seem to have a Cocker.  The majority of their rescues are from Spain. 
I have had Cockers since 1978 and would much prefer another one.

Offline vixen

• Stevie and Marley
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2023, 05:09:28 PM »
Max (GSP)  always in my heart

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2023, 07:54:15 AM »
I would try Spaniel Aid.  I had discussions with a lovely volunteer when I lost Ollie and I am sure if Harry had not been made known to me I would have had a doogle from them.

They do seem to really go to town of seeing if you are good for a rescue - but to be honest someone who has loved and owned cockers are what they hope for there dogs.

Good luck.
Cocker kisses and cuddles just make my day!

You are always with me darlings Jaypup and my precious Oliver you are so missed

Offline Robbie34

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2023, 09:28:06 PM »
I have relented and I#m going to collect a Golden Cocker puppy tomorrow.  Going to call him Toby.

Offline MIN

• GEMMA
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2023, 11:13:09 PM »
I have relented and I#m going to collect a Golden Cocker puppy tomorrow.  Going to call him Toby.

:luv: :luv:   we were almost tempted this week but head won over heart. Only because we have a holiday booked shortly.
Run free and fly high my beautiful Gemma
2011 - 2023 

----

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2023, 07:26:26 AM »

:luv: :luv: That’s wonderful news!!
I wish you lots of happy years with Toby, look forward to hearing all about him. Do keep us updated (and remember to hide the socks  :lol2:)
All the best  :luv:
Jayne + Humphrey

Offline vixen

• Stevie and Marley
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2023, 10:30:10 AM »
Really pleased for you.
I felt guilty when i got puppies when there are so many in rescue but I found it difficult to even get a reply from the rescues I contacted.  When I was looking for my second one, I knew that because Maisie is a feisty little girl with attitude, a puppy would be better to join the family.  Ned has fit in well and he is the only dog Maisie actually plays with.  She considers other dogs not worthy of her attention  :005:
You have to do what is best for you and hope you have lots of happy years with Toby  :luv:
Max (GSP)  always in my heart

Offline Robbie34

• Donator
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2023, 10:59:11 AM »
Many of the rescues seem to put too many obstacles in the way of adopting a dog.  One had what was akin to an A level paper that you had to complete before proceeding further.
I shall be leaving shortly to collect the little man.

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2023, 04:03:11 PM »
Good news indeed, wishing you many happy years with Toby  :luv:
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2023, 04:09:23 PM »
Many of the rescues seem to put too many obstacles in the way of adopting a dog.  One had what was akin to an A level paper that you had to complete before proceeding further.
I shall be leaving shortly to collect the little man.

Must admit I felt a bit that way.  It is a bit off putting when you have lived and loved cockers most of your life to have a bararge of question, but I guess they are just doing their best.  Ollie was rescue but somehow we didn't jump though hoops as my bosses sister was on the commitee at a rescue.  So Harry was not a rescue and your bundle of joy fill totally fill your days.

Enjoy the journey and hope to see pics soon - so delighted for you.  Love the name Toby - just perfect.

Julie and little Harry
Cocker kisses and cuddles just make my day!

You are always with me darlings Jaypup and my precious Oliver you are so missed

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2023, 09:18:11 PM »
Delighted for you, looking forward to a update  :luv:

Offline Qwerty

« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2023, 11:47:24 AM »
Another one here looking forward to updates! I lost my own beautiful Molly in March and I’ve been keeping a watch for puppies. Life without a dog is just not the same and cockers are so special. Hope he brings you so much joy 🙂