Author Topic: I'm in loooooove.....  (Read 2069 times)

Offline airyfairy76

• Site Member
    • Facebook page: A Spaniel's Tail
I'm in loooooove.....
« on: February 09, 2013, 07:36:39 PM »
Went to visit my breeder today - well we spent four hours chattering away and surrounded by six (I think) adult cockers, I also met the puppies at three weeks  :luv:

I had long cuddles with both the girlies, together and separately - both happy to collapse on their back in my arms, paws twitching away and drifting off to sleep (what DO puppies dream about?!) and am totally besotted. Also met mum, dad and grandma - all with lovely temperaments.  Dad stood on his back legs, paws on my knees, and just gazed into my eyes with the most soulful expression  :luv:

Anyway, as pups are so ickle, I haven't picked which girl I'm taking yet, so going back in three weeks when they'll be 6 weeks old and bouncing around, and I'll make my decision then :)

What a fabulous, cocker filled day!  And another of her girls is due to have a litter any second and I got to feel the puppies moving in her tummy!!  

Sorry - absolutely no purpose to my post at all, but thought if anyone understands how I feel at the moment, it's you guys...  :005:

Offline *Marie*

• BRACKEN
Re: I'm in loooooove.....
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2013, 07:45:18 PM »
How exciting! I remember going to see Bracken he was 3 weeks old and wanted a boy colours were  fawn, and two black ones with white on them, it was very hard choosing either the fawn or black one in the end chosed  Bracken who is black and had the most white on him, saw him again at 6 weeks then collected him when he was 9.5 weeks and  it is lovely to have him with all his mischievousness! xx

Offline airyfairy76

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2013, 07:50:53 PM »
How exciting! I remember going to see Bracken he was 3 weeks old and wanted a boy colours were  fawn, and two black ones with white on them, it was very hard choosing either the fawn or black one in the end chosed  Bracken who is black and had the most white on him, saw him again at 6 weeks then collected him when he was 9.5 weeks and  it is lovely to have him with all his mischievousness! xx

Mine are both red/gold girlies (whole litter was) so nothing to choose between them at the moment lookwise.  I did like the littler one but she suggested I wait and see them when they are a bit bigger, so characters have started emerging, plus they can change so much in a couple of weeks.  Gives me something to look forward to as well - breaks up the seven weeks before she can come home!

:D

Offline Nicky C

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2013, 07:53:32 PM »
You've just described my idea of a perfect day!  :luv:

I totally get your post and am really puppy broody right now.

I hope the time flys by for you and you have your furbaby in your arms in no time !

Offline airyfairy76

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2013, 07:58:51 PM »
You've just described my idea of a perfect day!  :luv:

I totally get your post and am really puppy broody right now.

I hope the time flys by for you and you have your furbaby in your arms in no time !

Oh so do I! Though I have to say that the three weeks since they were born has fairly flown past!  I have indulged the geek in me as well and have a widget on my phone that is counting down the days...

:005: :005:

Offline wendall

• Donator
  • Honey and Pip
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2013, 08:02:26 PM »
sounds wonderful, have you settled on a name yet?
Rosie,rest in peace my beautiful little girl, you will be in my heart forever. 2/2/12-24/10/12

Offline BeeBoo

• Buckley
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2013, 08:07:39 PM »
Aw lovely, lovely post  :luv: :luv: :luv:

Offline airyfairy76

• Site Member
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2013, 08:11:23 PM »
sounds wonderful, have you settled on a name yet?

Lottie :)

Offline Countrygirl

• Donator
    • Countrygirl
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2013, 08:30:20 PM »
What a lovely name.  We had the pick of the litter when Ellie was 5 weeks old.  It was so hard but Ellie chose us by sitting on OH's foot and gazing up at him.  When we moved away from the puppies they all went to sleep apart from Ellie, who screeched the place down.  The breeder explained that it was because we had made such a fuss of her and then left her.  When we got home I started to feel dreadful and felt that I had deserted Ellie and had to ring the breeder and ask her to explain to Ellie that I had left her behind because she wasn't old enough to leave her birth mummy yet.  Luckily the lovely breeder understood, didn't think I was mad and promised to explain to Ellie.  I know you will all understand!

Offline HayleyJB

• Site Member
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2013, 09:58:30 PM »
Such a lovely post.

I didn't need the pick of the litter, I knew I wanted a black girl & there was only the one left before we even saw the puppies.  We had to get there early as another couple were coming to look at the litter and they hadn't decided what they wanted.  As it happens we fell in love with Molly the minute we saw her, she was the most mischievous of the lot and wouldn't leave us alone.  Apparently the other couple came just after we'd paid our deposit & left.  They too wanted Molly but too late, she was spoken for  ;)

Lottie will be home before you know it x
RIP Misty 09.04.90 - 26.03.05 & her daughter Jezzie 15.07.94 - 08.07.11 x

Offline airyfairy76

• Site Member
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2013, 10:20:45 PM »
Well. I took some pictures of the two girls and although they are both so gorgeous, there is something about one of the little faces that really tugs my heart strings.  Will be interesting to see if that is the same one I go for in three weeks!

Offline Lily Freya

• Owned by Luis, Ollie and Gracie.
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2013, 10:59:42 PM »
Well. I took some pictures of the two girls and although they are both so gorgeous, there is something about one of the little faces that really tugs my heart strings.  Will be interesting to see if that is the same one I go for in three weeks!

Feeling your excitement through cyberspace.  :luv: :luv:

Love the name Lottie. X
No longer in my arms, but forever in my heart, my girls at the Bridge, Lily and Freya. Xx

Offline MidwifeTori

• Hudson
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2013, 06:56:45 AM »
This is a lovely post !!!
I hope the time goes quickly until you get to go and pick Lottie !
Plus it's great to hear the excitement like mine from someone else !

Offline airyfairy76

• Site Member
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2013, 08:20:10 AM »

I think the twenty days to my next visit will go quickly (although already can't wait to cuddle puppies again - I did suggest just moving up there for seven weeks lol) - I think it will be the four weeks after that will draaaaaaaaag.... 

:005:

Offline MidwifeTori

• Hudson
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2013, 09:06:36 AM »

I think the twenty days to my next visit will go quickly (although already can't wait to cuddle puppies again - I did suggest just moving up there for seven weeks lol) - I think it will be the four weeks after that will draaaaaaaaag.... 

:005:

Yes the time since I reserved our pup has flown in someways ( I can say that now I'm less than a week away !) but has dragged in others - although spending increased amount of time on here has helped !! Are you putting the pics on or waiting until you know which is the one ?  :luv: