Author Topic: Eeeeek!  (Read 2511 times)

Offline airyfairy76

• Site Member
    • Facebook page: A Spaniel's Tail
Eeeeek!
« on: March 24, 2013, 05:08:37 PM »
Just five sleeps to go, till I get to collect Lottie! Doesn't seem that long ago that it was 70.....

I have spent the weekend making the house spotless from top to bottom (yeah. I know it won't last, especially when she's a bit bigger and finds the local woods!), doing every bit of laundry I could find, changing all bedlinen as my brother is coming to stay in a couple of weekends and I don't want to have to change the bedding with a puppy hanging off the duvet cover......and finally, arranging all puppy related paraphernalia! Stairgate, crates, beds, and a couple of her toys strategically strewn (need to find a nice "toy box" for her though....). Oh, and online shopping ordered for Saturday, just before vets visit! Don't ever do online shopping, but figured it would make life a lot easier, while she's small :)

So, just the next four days of work to get through, and then at home for three and half weeks with little one - mostly leave, but working from home for four of the days - I have put a cosy bed by my home desk, so if she's sleepy, she doesn't necessarily have to go into her crate :).

So.....deep breath....I THINK I'm as ready as I'm going to be!

Oh, and I did try and have lie-ins this weekend, as they may be off the agenda for a while haha.  Doncha just know it - was awake before seven yesterday and today....

>:D :005:

Offline wendall

• Donator
  • Honey and Pip
Re: Eeeeek!
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2013, 05:51:11 PM »
Its such an exciting time, hope all goes well. Be warned though, nothing can prepare you for whats ahead :shades:
Rosie,rest in peace my beautiful little girl, you will be in my heart forever. 2/2/12-24/10/12

Offline airyfairy76

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2013, 05:53:05 PM »
Its such an exciting time, hope all goes well. Be warned though, nothing can prepare you for whats ahead :shades:

Fully expecting not to be prepared foe the whirlwind, lol! Done all I can for now though!

:005:

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2013, 05:54:39 PM »
Exciting times :D

Have you checked your garden boundaries to make sure they're puppy escape proof? My garden has a lot of shrubs and I spent ages on my hands and knees looking underneath them in case there were any tiny gaps under the fence that a curious little puppy could crawl through.

Offline airyfairy76

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2013, 05:57:01 PM »
Exciting times :D

Have you checked your garden boundaries to make sure they're puppy escape proof? My garden has a lot of shrubs and I spent ages on my hands and knees looking underneath them in case there were any tiny gaps under the fence that a curious little puppy could crawl through.

Not today - is covered with snow!! I have had a look previously, and it looks pretty secure (the last inhabitants had a dog too), but will scrutinise it this week once the snow goes :)

Offline Abbi

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2013, 07:51:07 PM »
Sounds so familiar. That was me this time last year, doing all the cleaning and preparing. We picked Darcie up on 6 April last year. Can't believe how this year has flown by. Look forward to hearing how it all goes once your little bundle is home.

Offline Soodles

• Suzy my working cocker
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2013, 07:53:31 PM »
I bet you can't wait!  You definitely seem well prepared so now you can relax and enjoy your new edition to the family.

The time goes so quickly that I can't remember how small my Suzy was when I got her home, seems like she has been here for ever and she is only 9 months old.  Don't forget to take lots of photos as they grow before your very eyes and its nice to have them to look back on and of course you can always load them onto this site so we can admire her too.  :lol:

Offline Countrygirl

• Donator
    • Countrygirl
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2013, 08:02:28 PM »

Oh, and I did try and have lie-ins this weekend, as they may be off the agenda for a while haha.  

Not necessarily.  A few days after we brought our last cocker, Sophie, home when she was just 8 weeks old, we totally overslept until 11.30 a.m.  I remember lying terrified in bed because I thought she must have died.  When I plucked up the courage to go into the kitchen she was just sitting up in her bed waiting for us.     

Offline airyfairy76

• Site Member
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2013, 08:09:49 PM »

Oh, and I did try and have lie-ins this weekend, as they may be off the agenda for a while haha.  

Not necessarily.  A few days after we brought our last cocker, Sophie, home when she was just 8 weeks old, we totally overslept until 11.30 a.m.  I remember lying terrified in bed because I thought she must have died.  When I plucked up the courage to go into the kitchen she was just sitting up in her bed waiting for us.     

Here's hoping  :005:

Though luckily I rarely sleep past eight at the latest!!

Offline BobnDot

• Donator
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2013, 08:55:26 PM »
Kitchen roll. Keep a roll in each room and plenty of spares as well  ;).

A puppy needs LOTS of sleep so don't be afraid of putting her down in her crate for a quiet rest several times a day. It stops her getting grumpy through tiredness, gives her the security of being in her "den" and gives you valuable "Chill out" time  :005:.

Enjoy your new addition and take piles of photos. Puppyhood memories are just about the best you can get so make sure you enjoy and record every single one  :luv:.

Bob.

Offline airyfairy76

• Site Member
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2013, 08:58:14 PM »
Thanks for the advice!  I have a six pack of kitchen roll arriving in my Ocado delivery :D

And I'm sure I'll be boring everyone senseless with the amount of photos lol.

Offline Emilyoliver

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2013, 09:54:01 PM »
Liked your comment about not wanting to change linen with puppy attached!  It's amazing how many 'normal' things you can't do easily with puppies about...  Getting dressed, any kind of cleaning, gardening, sitting quietly for longer than about 3 seconds, etc  :005:
Michelle, Emily and Ollie

Offline maddy74

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2013, 07:00:54 AM »
Liked your comment about not wanting to change linen with puppy attached!  It's amazing how many 'normal' things you can't do easily with puppies about...  Getting dressed, any kind of cleaning, gardening, sitting quietly for longer than about 3 seconds, etc  :005:

:005: :005: :005: :005: Thats not just with puppies is it EmilyOliver thats cockers in general.  :005: :005:

Once your pup arrives you will never be able to have a shower without a furry friend dancing around you as you get dressed and once you get on the floor to do any house work this means, 'play time' to a cocker  :005: :005:

All joking aside, its amazing when you bring your puppy home and such exciting times ahead. The puppy days are heavy going with lots of laughs and tears along the way, they go so quick so cherish every moment. Once the puppy days are gone you will be left with your soul mate and best friend. These cockers bring us so much joy.  :luv: :luv:

Lots and lots of photos please  :D

Offline Dozy bird

• My beautiful babies
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2013, 07:34:25 AM »
That's so lovely Maddy, also very true xx

Offline MidwifeTori

• Hudson
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2013, 06:06:35 PM »
Oh how exciting !!! I was thinking about you over the weekend - it's not long at all !! Can't wait for your pics :)