Author Topic: Who's pup has had the tree over???  (Read 1752 times)

Offline pipkoi

• Donator
  • Butch-my First Cocker Spaniel 18.02.67 - 28.06.75
    • Dylan's Blog
Re: Who's pup has had the tree over???
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2013, 10:22:02 PM »
Whoops. We have more trouble with the rabbit
Pip, Dylan, Charlie, Teagan & Kai
Remembering Butch, Brin, Simba, Toby, Jasper, Jarvis, Jake,  Bayley, Sailor & Foxy - my forever bridge babies

"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened."

Offline 8 Hairy Feet

• Donator
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2013, 07:41:06 AM »
Whoops. We have more trouble with the rabbit
:shades: hmm intriguing...

Offline cartonana

« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2013, 11:44:03 AM »
Last Christmas, when our dog Bailey was only a pup we experienced the fun that can be had by a cocker at this time of year.

Thinking we had been clever and fenced round the bottom of the tree with pieces of puppy panel, we did not bank on him taking a flying leap off the back of a sofa, sailing past the tree, grabbing a piece of tinsel and galloping off with it waving behind him like something out of a rhythmic gymnastic display! We had to laugh him though for his creativeness and he was quite happy to exchange it for a small piece of cheese. After that we bought small bells to put on the tree, like a cocker early warning system.

This year we have put the tree up again, with the panels, but nowhere near the sofa or any other surface to bounce from! But Bailey does not seem bothered about the tree at all now(probably thinks,did that last year... ;)). Anyway, there are plenty of other interesting things to try, like helping with wrapping presents and of course the year round joy of stealing socks... :D

Offline JamiesGirl

« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2013, 11:46:00 AM »
MINE HAS!!! and he's nearly 8 years old! three times its come over. although it hasn't come down since the presents have been put underneath!!
🐾 Jamie's Girl - Sara 🐾

Offline JennyBee

• Princess Brodie
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2013, 12:03:39 PM »
My last cocker Barney used to knock over the tree every year and steal the chocolates off it - you'd have thought we would have learned :doh: :005:. When I got Brodie I bought a small tree that sits up in the alcove, so we don't have that problem with her. She still manages to steal countless baubles and pieces of tinsel when we are putting the tree up though ;)

x In memory of Barney x

Offline Jessh33

• My Ralphie Roo
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2013, 01:08:03 PM »
We're having to guard the tree form Ralph  :005:

We have lots of bells around the bottom so we can hear when he's near it but I'm definitely not putting any presents under it!! It's a 7ft tree so reasonably substantial which has been a blessing because he stands on the arm of the sofa and stretches to reach it and the things on it, we now have a bare patch with nothing on it!!

I was hoping he'd get bored of it after a while but that's not happening, our other cocker has never bothered with it and even when our collie was alive he only watched the lights but never touched the tree  :005:

My boys at the bridge Ben 11/7/2002-11/4/2013 and Ozzy 7/9/2002-21/12/2013 - they left their paw prints on my heart xxx

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2013, 08:10:48 PM »
So far so good here :angel:

Tree and most decorations in place now - including decorative candles on the fireplace, and apart from the initial nosiness...and a very stern 'leave' he has been as good as gold  :luv:

Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline Fluff

• Donator
  • Daisy the whirling dervish
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2013, 08:30:46 PM »
Our tree has been up since Dec 1 and so far, just a few baubles knocked off due to a waggy tail  :005: Oh and one stolen chocolate decoration! She is a bit obessed with the stocking I've got for my OH though, she keeps trying to drag it into her bed  :005: Ours is quite big, 7ft, so quite difficult to knock over thankfullly!

Offline Archie bean

• Donator
  • Archie. RIP bridge babies Sherwood and Dickon.
    • Emma Graham Harpist
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2013, 08:37:36 PM »
On FB today.  :005:

Offline HBP

• Hudson Bramble
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2013, 09:22:29 PM »

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2013, 09:44:43 PM »
 :wasntme:   :rofl1: :rofl1:
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline jaydee67

« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2013, 11:12:50 PM »
Hubby decreed we couldn't have our tree up and bought a (VERY) small fibre optic one to put on the sideboard. I said if we were having Christmas it included a tree that was big enough to put some decorations on! So we put up the tree with some tinsel and the lights on it and left it a day or so. No response from Princess Charlie. The next day I added some decorations, no response so the following day I put the rest on. That was Friday - so far so good! If this thread jinxes it I'll be back - and no giving other puppies ideas you norty ones!

Offline HBP

• Hudson Bramble
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2013, 06:29:32 PM »
My friend has bought Hudson a Christmas present which I'm pretty sure has treats within the wrapping... Cue lots of enthusiastic sniffing around the Christmas tree...  >:D :005:

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2013, 06:37:42 PM »
Minstrel's pressies and treats are still in their hiding place at the mo - don't want to tempt fate.

Being a littly, I think it would be rather cruel of me to put them in nose reach - then tell him off if he touches them ;)

Offline panda66

• Donator
« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2013, 10:41:08 PM »
Tree is tied to the windows in three places with string, doesn't look pretty but it's NOT coming down  ph34r