Author Topic: Show x Working - What Price Would You Say ?  (Read 3764 times)

Offline Madmandy

Re: Show x Working - What Price Would You Say ?
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2016, 06:08:58 PM »
Surely the concern should be much more about stopping this person selling puppies at all! Not KC registered, no health checks, selling multiple breeds etc. I honestly think that you are completely wasting your time worrying that you may have been sold a working/show cocker!

You have not bought a crossbreed at all, it cannot be compared to a cockerpoo as it is not 2 different breeds, it is the same breed with a different purpose!

If you have paid more than £300 for a non KC registered, not health checked cocker spaniel you have been had anyway! It would be irrelevant whether that was for a show or working cocker.

I am sorry, but I think you did not research the background of your puppy well enough before you purchased it and it is too late to try to compensate for that now. Please just enjoy him for what he is.

I haven't said we are trying to get any money back !!
We were recommended to go to this breeder by a friend who had a Show Type Cocker from them so we thought they were OK

The reason we'recommend going through the channels we are is to stop the breeder doing what she's doing.
As has been said by others we wanted a Show Type for the look but now we have him we wouldn't part with him for the world....looks most definitely aren't everything......

The breeder has to be stopped and I will do everything I can to make that happen

Offline Murphys Law

« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2016, 07:47:25 PM »
After seeing pics of your lovely cocker, I don't think that you have anything to worry about in the looks department.

Offline ElaineH

• Donator
  • Handsome Morgan 19/06/2008 - 03/03/2024
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2016, 03:30:15 PM »
Surely the main issue is that the OP has been deceived? Does it matter that the dog turns out to be different from expectations? possibly not as far as being a loving pet is concerned and of course the OP wouldn't swap the dog for anything, but the central issue is that the breeder has lied to/misled the OP.

Other issues such as non KC registration are very important to many people, let's suppose the OP had wanted to show the dog - those hopes would have been dashed (although perhaps this non-registration was evident from the start)

They have unfortunately been duped by an unscrupulous or ignorant breeder and yes, perhaps more research at an earlier date should have been undertaken but that is water under the bridge. I'm sorry to say that I don't think Madmandy is going to get any satisfaction from the breeder about this but I completely understand her disappointment and frustration.
"Histories are more full of examples of the fidelity of dogs than of friends"  Alexander Pope

Offline Archie bean

• Donator
  • Archie. RIP bridge babies Sherwood and Dickon.
    • Emma Graham Harpist
« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2016, 04:43:12 PM »
Surely the main issue is that the OP has been deceived? Does it matter that the dog turns out to be different from expectations? possibly not as far as being a loving pet is concerned and of course the OP wouldn't swap the dog for anything, but the central issue is that the breeder has lied to/misled the OP

They have unfortunately been duped by an unscrupulous or ignorant breeder and yes, perhaps more research at an earlier date should have been undertaken but that is water under the bridge. I'm sorry to say that I don't think Madmandy is going to get any satisfaction from the breeder about this but I completely understand her disappointment and frustration.

I totally agree ElaineH. The main problem will be proof. As there are no papers there is no evidence to support whether the dog is or isn't what the OP was told it was. The chances are that this breeder is registered and legal. Many are, despite that fact that we might call them puppy farms. If they aren't breaking the law regarding their breeding practices (and the need for a change in that law is obviously a whole other kettle of fish) then there really isn't anything that the OP can do. However, if they take them on and DO manage get them shut down then I think we would all be cheering.

Offline BobnDot

• Donator
« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2016, 10:45:18 PM »
If the dog is "Not as described" then you almost certainly have a claim under The Sale of Goods Act 1979.

Some form of receipt or other paperwork giving a description of the dog would be beneficial as any word of mouth description would possibly be denied by the breeder.

You certainly don't want to give the dog back to the breeder in exchange for a refund so I'd suggest that your best course of action would be to highlight the facts to your local council, trading standards etc., and ask that the breeder be checked to ensure that any licensing conditions are being complied with. You may also wish to register your opposition to the granting of any licence renewals or extensions to that particular breeder and make your feelings known to local councillors, MPs and animal welfare charities.

Basically become a bit of a thorn in the breeder's side by getting the various authorities to act on your behalf.

Wishing you every success in your endeavours and, if you do succeed, I'll be right there cheering with the other COL members  ;)

Bob.

Offline chrisp

• Site Member
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2016, 06:26:06 PM »
Surely the main issue is that the OP has been deceived? Does it matter that the dog turns out to be different from expectations? possibly not as far as being a loving pet is concerned and of course the OP wouldn't swap the dog for anything, but the central issue is that the breeder has lied to/misled the OP.

Other issues such as non KC registration are very important to many people, let's suppose the OP had wanted to show the dog - those hopes would have been dashed (although perhaps this non-registration was evident from the start)

Totally agree, you have been deceived and they could well carrying on deceiving others. 

Offline John_Stothert

« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2016, 10:24:54 PM »
I can see why you want others not to be duped, but don't get too hung up with this, love & enjoy your dog, and they will return the same, KC papers are irrelevant for that

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Offline tenaille

« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2016, 11:12:45 PM »
To answer the original question of prices,  my friend just bought a worker / show cross, KC registered from a reputable breeder. He is a really lovely pup, now 12 weeks old, cost £800.  My friend bought him because his eldest of 3 cockers sadly passed away in the new year and he wanted to keep a gang of 3 and thought this little fellow would make a good addition.