Author Topic: 2 New Puppies  (Read 1861 times)

Offline Vik33911

2 New Puppies
« on: July 19, 2018, 01:01:11 PM »
Hello

We are collecting 2 little working cockers on Saturday & came across this site which has been great to read so thought I would join. I know people sometimes advise against getting 2 pups from a litter but within the family we have grown up with dogs from same litters and have had no problems (as long as you're strict with training :005:)

Would be nice to hear if anybody else on here has 2 from a litter?

Can't wait to bring them home & will possibly be on here for moral support at times haha! x

:lol2: :luv: ;)

Offline Anita

• Site Member
  • Phoebe 21/8/02 - 1/11/16, Libby (2/4/05 - 25/11/16
Re: 2 New Puppies
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2018, 01:35:48 PM »
Welcome to the site - and we need pictures once they are home. We are here for moral support(and a shoulder to cry on). Bring on the training :005:
Anita

Offline vixen

• Stevie and Marley
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2018, 02:05:56 PM »
Yes, I also have two working cockers from the same litter but I didn't realize when I got them that it wasn't a good idea  ph34r
House training was difficult though as couldn't be sure who had done what and whilst I was cleaning up one puddle, the other one would run through it!  Crazy hour really was crazy hour with two puppies doing the zoomies round  the room. :005: :005:
Although litter sisters, I don't think they love each other, more a case of tolerating each other.  We have definitely never had the problem of them depending on each other more than us. 
They do have their spats which sound horrid but usually they are over in less than a minute.  Its odd that they would never be aggressive with dogs outside the house, just with each other on occasions.  Guess its the same as human siblings  ;)
I do love having the two of them as they are so different, both in appearance - one blue roan, the other black, and in character although they do share the same enduring traits common to the breed (always greeting us with gifts, always happy etc).
They are coming up to 11 now and I absolutely dread the thought of losing one of them and just having the one as don't know how the other will react as they have always been together.  I had thought a couple of years ago to get another dog so the surviving girl wouldn't feel lonely but I decided not to as I wanted them both to enjoy their twilight years without being bothered by a lively puppy.
I wish you all the best and look forward to seeing photos of them.  I feel truly blessed with my two and hope you will be too  :luv:
Max (GSP)  always in my heart

Offline bmthmark

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2018, 03:55:18 PM »
Just wanted to say hi and welcome to the mad world of cockers  :lol:

I've never had 2 so can't comment, but at least they will entertain each other :005:

If you have any issues/questions I guarantee that at least one person on this forum can offer advice.
This forum has helped me on lots of occasions and helped me through the puppy age.

Your house/life is going to get crazy on Saturday  :005:

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2018, 07:06:28 PM »
This is gonna be fun!!  Lots of photos please  :D

Offline Digger

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2018, 10:09:08 AM »
O.M.G

I'm crossing all my fingers and toes for you that they are a good natured pair. You never can tell.
 My wcs has just turned one and still driving me crazy. You can't put anything down in our house- she needs watching like a hawk. If I had two like that I don't think I could cope!

Had a springer for 15 years- no problems with anything. This one is frankly weird.
I do love her though :005:

Lots of people I've met have perfectly straight forward wcs so hopefully a pair of those for you!
Best of luck.

Offline bmthmark

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2018, 11:18:42 AM »
O.M.G

I'm crossing all my fingers and toes for you that they are a good natured pair. You never can tell.
 My wcs has just turned one and still driving me crazy. You can't put anything down in our house- she needs watching like a hawk. If I had two like that I don't think I could cope!

Had a springer for 15 years- no problems with anything. This one is frankly weird.
I do love her though :005:

Lots of people I've met have perfectly straight forward wcs so hopefully a pair of those for you!
Best of luck.

Mine is 21 month and he is the same as yours  :lol:. He has to be watched at all times. Two of Jetts would literally drive me crazy  :005:

He just loves to have fun and will find anything that makes his life entertaining.

This is just a small snippet of living with Jett:
In my garden we had a path which was made of bark, Jett decided that he loved to roll in it and then run as fast as he could in the house. Bark went everywhere in the house every time he came back in (literally every time he went outside he would do this). So I spent a weekend getting rid of all the bark and replacing with stones.
Now Jett runs down the new path and jumps in to the flower bed and rolls in the soil and some of the remaining bark, he then runs back in side looking very happy with himself  >:D

He is definitely a happy dog  :lol:

Offline Digger

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2018, 03:46:42 PM »
Hahahahahaaa!
I have a wedding in the garden on Saturday so lots to do. My friend came to help for the day on Friday. After a nice morning walk, Inca thought it would be fun to empty all the flower pots onto the gravel. When my friend arrived she stole her sandal, nearly her handbag contents anything she put down and was generally insanely annoying. My friend (who has a westie...) said 'if you just teach her 'no' or 'leave it' she won't do it....
LOL
As though I haven't just cancelled my life for the last 10 months, trying to train the dog! ph34r
Life with a cocker is not like life with any other dog. It's important to know that I think.
I know that......(now). :o
Ps We met another Jett the other day. (Nowhere near as handsome ;))

Offline Digger

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2018, 03:56:14 PM »
Ppss
My friend left quite quickly after Inca found the dead rat behind the shed.
She queried how on earth I could bear to touch a it with my bare hands. It seemed futile explaining that since I didn't have a pair of gloves to hand and my dog potentially had a pound of rat full of poison in its gob I didn't have a whole lot of choice. Her dog would have just let it go. My dog thought it was the bees knees. I did get it..after a bit of a stand off.
Yup- glad I haven't got two at once. I could call the other one 'hoots' ! And you know they would be!! Hahaha! :lol:

Offline MIN

• GEMMA
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2018, 04:10:10 PM »
hi and welcome to the family.
would like to thank you in advance for the next comical laugh a minute, weep for a week installment in the great book of Life with a WCS (x2)

Run free and fly high my beautiful Gemma
2011 - 2023 

----

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2018, 08:17:12 PM »
Hi and welcome,  Glad you‘ve found us! Lots of good advice, support and sympathy on here!!  ;) Looking forward to drooling over pictures of the double pack and ofcourse hearing all about your „adventures!!“ Seat belt is on and waiting for the fun to begin!!  :lol2:

Offline Vik33911

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2018, 11:09:06 AM »
Hello

That's the puppies been home for just over 1 week and they are doing great, We have named them Harris & Hunter. So far so good with the training although little Harris loves find anything he can in the garden to eat  :lol2:

Going to start them walking round the garden on the lead this week so it is not too big a shock going into the world next week  :005:

Also does anybody recall when they dropped the feeds down? They are currently still on the 4 times daily....

Thanks  :luv: