Author Topic: Camping with 14 week old puppy and toilet training!  (Read 1041 times)

Offline Curlywurly

Camping with 14 week old puppy and toilet training!
« on: July 22, 2018, 06:01:12 PM »
Hello!

Long before we got our puppy, we booked a camping trip for 5 nights in The UK. Pippin is doing quite well with toilet training, but I’m just wondering how we will continue this whilst we are away.  At the moment we  leave the door to the crate open, but close the kitchen door.  I have been putting paper at the back door and she goes on there.   I was thinking of putting her in her cage in the kitchen area of the tent, but I’m not sure what to do re leaving the door to the cage open?  I dont want her to chew the tent but I also don’t want her toileting in her cage!  I was thinking about leaving paper all over the floor of the kitchen area and setting an alarm to get up with her every hour and a half to check.  What do you think?  Any other ideas?

Offline fionad

Re: Camping with 14 week old puppy and toilet training!
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2018, 07:04:59 PM »
I would leave her in her crate overnight. At least she won't escape from there. If she goes to bed late with you and you get up early, she might not even toilet in her crate.

Good luck!

Offline bmthmark

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2018, 08:48:37 AM »
I would do exactly what fionad has suggested. As long as the crate is near you, the puppy will be fine

Offline Curlywurly

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2018, 02:37:39 PM »
I’ve just  bought a puppy pen, so she can get up toilet away from her bed!  I think that will work.