Author Topic: Sleeping puppies  (Read 1264 times)

Offline Welsh Lass

Sleeping puppies
« on: August 27, 2018, 07:44:03 PM »
From past experience I know that puppies need a lot of sleep. Our puppy sleeps well at night but during the day does not sleep a lot. Sometimes she just seems to be napping and as soon as we enter the kitchen or move around she’s alert . Is this unusual as everything I read  says that at 10 weeks she should be sleeping 18-20 hours a day.

Offline bmthmark

Re: Sleeping puppies
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2018, 09:29:36 AM »
That sounds normal, mine did the same. When I felt that he was really tired I would put him in his pen or crate as a tired pup can cause a few problems  :005:

Offline Welsh Lass

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2018, 09:44:24 AM »
My pups in the past all slept like babies - we put her in the crate. At the moment she looks fast asleep resting on a soft toy. As soon as I move her eyes will open.
Reassured that another pup is the same

Offline bmthmark

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2018, 09:56:35 AM »
Mine was exactly the same. As soon as I moved so did he.
He was up so quickly, I always wandered how he could be sleeping and wake up and move in such a quick move.
I think its because cockers love to be near the owner, so they will just follow.

In the end I had to force the sleep on him, by using the play pen/crate.

Mine is nearly 2 years old now and he still follows me everywhere.

Offline its.sme

• Not trained to the Gun, just trained to my Mum x
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2018, 06:55:21 PM »
Bea will be fast asleep snoring her head of until I twitch, then there she is right by my side :luv:

She has been like this since 8 weeks old and it took a bit of getting used to, now if she isn't with me I get a bit worried and end up looking for her :D

Me and my shadow....

Offline bmthmark

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2018, 09:01:29 AM »
Bea will be fast asleep snoring her head of until I twitch, then there she is right by my side :luv:

She has been like this since 8 weeks old and it took a bit of getting used to, now if she isn't with me I get a bit worried and end up looking for her :D

Me and my shadow....

:005: I do the same. I think these dogs turn us crazy  :lol2: