Author Topic: Dominant puppy?  (Read 3463 times)

Offline september

• Site Member
  • Summer is for ball throwing!
Re: Dominant puppy?
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2007, 04:05:47 PM »
Off subject totally but just looked at that picture and your avatar and noticed that Mostyn is very similar looking to Roxy, although slighly different markings.   :luv:

He is also same age as her! Do you mind me asking where he came from? Did he come from a lovely lady in Teeside area? I just wonder if they are related!? Is he sired by Lynwater Cocoa?

Offline cazza

• Site Member
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2007, 05:55:07 PM »
To end on a happy note and make you all smile, here's my boy last week eating a leaf!

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x177/Mostyn2007/P8240334.jpg

:luv: :luv: :luv: He is stunning  :luv: :luv: :luv: - hope i don't meet him tho or I might just have to steal him  :shades: :005:

Offline dap

• Site Member
« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2007, 10:16:31 PM »
Yes I noticed Roxy before in the photo section and like you thought they were very similar.  I got Mostyn in Newmarket, Suffolk and the sire if Parkbeck Mac Driver.  I'm waiting to receive his family tree so who knows!!  Roxy is gorgeous by the way

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2007, 10:47:33 PM »
He is lovely, he looks like a real character already  :luv:  Lynwaters are show cockers and Parkbrecks working cockers though so he and Roxy are probably not related unless they're working/show crosses.
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline CraftySam

• Site Member
  • Max, Morgan, Sapphi
« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2007, 11:10:52 PM »
Again thank you all.

Mostyn has tried to bite twice last night and both times I've stopped playing and walked away, he was clearly confused at this ( he tilts his head to one side as if to say what's going on - very funny) and he didn't like being ingnored.  I also managed to get him to sit when he attempted to bite this morning!  So things are looking up.

Just wanted to add something else......I never know when to shut up!  :005:  You might get to the point where when you walk off that he just turns around and walks off to find something else to do, but don't think that its not working.  I did as I always have when a pup bites with my last pup and he just walked off to find another dog to play with.  I was beginning to think well this isn't having quite the effect I imagined! But even so, the biting stopped quickly so if he starts to appear not bothered by your sudden lack of interest in him persevere it is still doing some good.  ;)
Sam is mum to - Sapphi (working black Lab 5 1/2 yrs), Max (Golden Retriever 4 yrs) Morgan (American Cocker 2 1/2yrs) and mum in spirit to Barney (English Cocker 3 1/2 yrs now living in Scotland)

Offline september

• Site Member
  • Summer is for ball throwing!
« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2007, 08:27:41 AM »
Roxy dog is indeed working/show cross! Although I think her working side is coming out more in her looks .  Her Sire is show (Lynwater) and her mum is working/show with various different lines, can't remember any names form her mums side off the top of my head!

they are really alike though and being the same age I thought I might have found one of her brothers!! She has a sister and 3 brothers I think from her litter. I might post and see if any of the are here!

Offline Shell.B

• Site Member
« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2007, 09:45:40 AM »
Just wanted to say how helpful this thread has been. We thought Cassie (almost 11 weeks) had calmed down with her biting, oh no last night she was >:D no matter how many times she was told off she just kept coming back for more, think she might have gotten over excited (Ihope) she had just woken up and had had her supper, she was like a doggy posseseed, most of the time she is gorgeous just at times like this it makes you want to pull your hair out  :lol:

Offline Hurtwood Dogs

• Donator
  • Little Lionheart
« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2007, 10:42:29 AM »
Heh heh yeah Dave is the same, just when I think we have it cracked and I'm totally in love with him and he's being a sweetie.... out comes 'FANG' for a few days  >:(

I think it's now more to do with teething though bless him, he loves cold carrots at the moment and when I give them to him he sinks his teeth in then cries gently to himself .. having said that he responds to 'ah ah' much more quickly now and looks really pleased with himself when he gets lots of praise for stopping biting  :luv: Also when he's having an evening psychotic moment now, we all move up onto the sofa and he sort of knows we're not going to join in so goes off into another room and runs round in circles crashing into things on his own then when he's calmed down comes back to snuggle up on the sofa  :005: :005:

Hannah x

Hannah, Dave & Normy xx

Trev 2001-07 soul dog, always in my heart and dreams x