Author Topic: hello and help  (Read 4422 times)

Offline louisew

• Site Member
Re: hello and help
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2007, 07:56:21 AM »
Thanks for all you replies just a quick update she is getting better she went through the night last night I think I was expecting too much but everyone I spoke to who had  a puppy said they never had any problems with them crying so I thought it was something perhaps I was or was not doing but she is coming along nicely and can go in her pen while I am in another part of the house without crying now so thanks everyone for all your help. Louise and Amber

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2007, 08:10:32 AM »
Welcome to COL  :D

Firstly, please, please do not get another pup.  It will not solve anything - probably the reverse  :-\

You have already got some good advice ;)  As has been said it is very early days if you only got her on Saturday - she is still confused and lonely having just left her mum and siblings.  :'(  Just relax and take things as they come - the pup will pick up if you are anxious. I found it much easier once I stopped stressing about whether Coco was doing things as fast as she should - all pups (like children) are different and do things at different rates.  Take no notice of people who say crying when left is unusual - it is quite normal and if you deal with it correctly, you can sort it out quite quickly.  It may take a few weeks or months to get the toilet training right though - again take no notice of people who say their pup was housetrained in 2 weeks - these people lie!!  It normally takes quite a long time and a lot of work and patience on your part.  I took Coco out every 30 mins or so for the first few weeks.  Even so it was nearly a year before she was 100% housetrained  ::)

Just persevere, be patient and consistent and you will get there - it seems interminable at the start but in a few months you will look back and see how far you have come  :D

Oh, and we need some pics or your new pup asap  ;)
Julie and Watson

Offline cazza

• Site Member
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2007, 12:11:21 PM »
Thanks for all you replies just a quick update she is getting better she went through the night last night I think I was expecting too much but everyone I spoke to who had  a puppy said they never had any problems with them crying so I thought it was something perhaps I was or was not doing but she is coming along nicely and can go in her pen while I am in another part of the house without crying now so thanks everyone for all your help. Louise and Amber

Blimey lucky you if Amber goes thro the night without waking to go out  ;) Braan is still waking to go out in the night and he is 15 wks, but then I would prefer to get up in the night than have him go to toilet and have to clear it up, as imo it is better for house training in the long run  ;)

But please don't worry if Amber wakes up tonight to be let out as imo all thro the night at Ambers age is a fluke that may or may not continue - hope it does for you  ;)

Now then - you need to get pics of Amber on before everyone starts moaning at you  :005:  link for help on posting pics  ;)

Offline louisew

• Site Member
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2007, 06:31:55 PM »
I am really trying to put photos on have read the link but dont understand what to do as I am not good with computers I have uploaded the photos but do not have a paste option any tips? Thanks Louise and Amber

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2007, 06:57:39 PM »
I am really trying to put photos on have read the link but dont understand what to do as I am not good with computers I have uploaded the photos but do not have a paste option any tips? Thanks Louise and Amber

You will need to open a Photobucket account or something similar to host your pics on the web. 

If you follow the link in Cazza's post below it tells you how to post photos ;)

Now then - you need to get pics of Amber on before everyone starts moaning at you  :005:  link for help on posting pics  ;)

Julie and Watson

Offline Teisen_bach

• Site Member
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2007, 07:00:37 PM »

Are you using photo bucket?

If so then left click the last line of gobbldegook under the pic (it starts with [img] )and it should say "copied" then on the COL forum where your typing your words just left click again to choose the paste word...the code then appears with your writing and when you click 'post' it turns in to your photo.

Did that help  :-\ im hopeless at explaining things  ::)
Hugs from Jue & Teisen bach xx

Offline louisew

• Site Member
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2007, 07:09:06 PM »
Hi all attepting photoshttp://s216.photobucket.com/albums/cc215/louisew1/?action=view&current=Captured2005-1-500003-1.jpghttp://s216.photobucket.com/albums/cc215/louisew1/?action=view&current=Captured2005-1-500004.jpg
thank you you explained that great hope it works Louise and Amber

Offline louisew

• Site Member
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2007, 07:09:45 PM »
Ok that didn't work. I will try again

Offline hamfam

• Site Member
  • Lucy Blue roan beauty
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2007, 07:15:21 PM »
Hi welcome to COL

When Lucy was young we were advised to put a hot water bottle wrapped in a towel in her basket for her to snuggle up with and i must say she would settle quite quickly
maybe its worth a go?

If it's not wet and sloppy, it's not a real kiss

Offline louisew

• Site Member
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2007, 07:26:39 PM »
Ok got to put kids to bed im going to have to give up for now  >:(

Offline cazza

• Site Member
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2007, 07:38:13 PM »
Ok got to put kids to bed im going to have to give up for now  >:(

Have Pm'd you  ;)

Offline Teisen_bach

• Site Member
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2007, 07:54:59 PM »
Hi all attepting photos http://s216.photobucket.com/albums/cc215/louisew1/?action=view&current=Captured2005-1-500003-1.jpghttp://s216.photobucket.com/albums/cc215/louisew1/?action=view&current=Captured2005-1-500004.jpg
thank you you explained that great hope it works Louise and Amber

Very nearly there hun...it works as a link (your baby is gorgeous by the way  :luv: )

Its the wrong code out of the list though i think....

On my photobucket under each photo there a;

Email & IM,
Direct link,
HTML Tag and
IMG Code.

Its the IMG Code that turnes the code into the pic  ;)
Hugs from Jue & Teisen bach xx

Offline wrenside

• Site Member
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2007, 08:13:31 PM »
Here are Louise's photos of little Amber.
How sweet is she!!!!  :luv:

Best wishes

Mary

(Louise I just tweeked your links you posted, it's the IMG address you need to copy and paste from photobucket  :blink:)

PS: Sorry MoDs if the photos are too big!!

Offline cazza

• Site Member
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2007, 08:21:58 PM »
 :luv: :luv: :luv:

Offline phillyknickers

• Site Member
  • Can we go home yet.....?
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2007, 08:27:10 PM »
Right, Amber is just......................................... TOO GORGEOUS FOR WORDS!!!   :luv:  :luv:  :luv:  :luv:  :luv:
Harry the Sprocker - crossbreed I know, but still gorgeous !

"Don't walk in front of me - I may not follow.
 Don't walk behind me - I may not lead.
 Just walk beside me & be my friend." (and STOP PULLING!!)

Albert Camus