Author Topic: hello and help  (Read 4423 times)

Offline cazza

• Site Member
Re: hello and help
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2007, 08:29:10 PM »
Louise - forgot to ask where abouts are you?? I think I need to pop and kidnap that fantastically beautiful bundle  :005:

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2007, 09:48:41 PM »
She is adorable  :luv:  I love that colour in show cockers  :luv:
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline louisew

• Site Member
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2007, 06:55:58 AM »
thanks for all your help and showing the photos that saved me getting more frustrated.

JUst a quick question amber is now having a night where she does not cry followed by a night where she does when we first got her she slept with us and has been downstairs for 6 nights now but when she has a bad night she is really loud and wakes up the kids I am thinking about just letting her sleep upstairs as when she knows you are around she is quiet, but by doing this I didin't want it to affect her being left in the day as I am going back to work in a week and a half and she cries when left in the day . I put her in her pen little and pften and have managed to extend it for nearly an hour she is ok when Im in the house even if im really quiet but when I leave her and pop out I come home to a very noisy and stressed pup.I really dont mind her sleeping upstairs I just want to do what is best for her? Louise and Amber
will take some more pics and try to post them later

Offline Tracy S

• Site Member
  • louie-blue shoes
« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2007, 09:06:41 AM »

I would say choose either upstairs or downstairs and stick with it. ;) We had some nights like this in the beginning, it does get better ;)

Could anyone sleep downstairs to be near her? She'd still be in her environment then.

Offline Potter

• Site Member
« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2007, 02:57:52 PM »
I agree - pick a routine and STICK with it.  ;) 

You have been given some fantastic advice here about building up the separation.  It takes AGES - but if you are consistent, it will happen, but ever so slowly.   >:(  It'd be great if they came with a plug and instructions, wouldn't it!  :005:

She is absolutely beautifu.  Don't worry about going back to work - just take each day as it comes, really slowly and build up the confidence in her and in yourself.

This site will really help you - good luck, and keep in touch.

Oh, sorry - BIG WELCOME to COL!

Offline louisew

• Site Member
« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2007, 05:22:36 PM »
Thanks for all the replies and you right this forum is great for any tips and advise. Louise and Amber

Offline JHMB

• Site Member
  • Bailey & Tia
« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2007, 06:40:15 PM »
She's gorgeous -  :luv: :luv:

I've had Bailey for 3wks now, and this is my first 'proper' week at work.  During the night he sleeps in a 'soft' crate at the side of my bed as the crate in the kitchen was downstairs and I was worried I wouldn't wake up in time to take him out! He goes to sleep around 9/10pm and wakes up once during the night (4am) when I take him out for the toilet, then straight back up to bed until about 6.45am.  The crate I have has an open top so if he is unsettled, I can put my hand down and he settles. 

It seems to have helped his toilet training, as he only goes outside when we are in (with afew hiccups but he is still a baby!)  ;)

As for leaving them alone, Bailey has the run of the kitchen with his main crate in it too. I started off at work with a week of half days, then this week have progressed to 3days where I come home at lunchtime, and my mum comes for the other two afternoons.  So far he's been brilliant with only one puddle when I come back when he's been left alone - I agree the most I would leave him for is 3-4hrs but I'm lucky cos I have flexi time at my work.   When I leave him he barks for maybe 5mins, then thats it.  I've even had my mum  'pretend' to go out to see if this was a one off and it wasn't.  I know it's going to be ages but am persevering with the routine I have set in the hope that he will eventually be ok when I leave.

Good Luck :blink:

Julie, Bailey, Tia, & Pebbles

Offline les

• Site Member
  • Bentley the scruff
« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2007, 04:02:25 PM »
I had exactley the same issue with our new arrival 4 weeks ago.  The pen is a great idea, but it really will not toilet train, the bench or cage is a fantastic way to toilet train (the puppy will not soil his bed, (they call it bladder training here in NL)) build up the anxiety training, and develop your routine for when you return to work use this time wisely!!
Bentley & his Mum