Author Topic: New Vaccinations!?!  (Read 709 times)

Offline T

• Site Member
New Vaccinations!?!
« on: June 30, 2004, 09:40:42 PM »
Anyone heard of having just one vaccination jab!?!

Charlie-Spud's vaccinations were at 8 weeks for Leptospirosis (L), then at 10 weeks for Leptospirosis (L) again, and the Disteper, Hepatitis, Parvovirus and Parainfluenze (DHPPi). Then allowed out after a week, so 11 weeks old.

We've just found out our clinic will now do a single jab for a 9 week pup (so guess doubling up on the L with the DHPPi) and then allowed out after 2 weeks, so 11 weeks old.

Anyone heard of this or had it done this way !?!

Thanks in advance.                    
Charlie-Spud 'ere, oh and this little fella Frisbee!

Offline bluesmum

• Site Member
New Vaccinations!?!
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2004, 09:47:50 PM »
no I haven't heard about it and I've just had Bailey vaccinated 2 weeks ago, I think given the choice though I would still have the vaccs spaced out at 8 and 10 weeks or 8 and 12 as Bailey had, I dont like the thought of all that vaccine being given in one dose  :roll:                    
Maria, Blue & Bailey. xx

Offline Sheila

• Site Member
New Vaccinations!?!
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2004, 10:02:43 PM »
Lottie was vaccinated at 8 weeks and 11 weeks.
She didnt appear to suffer any side effects, but I think that having them spaced out is better for the puppy.                    

Offline lorri

• Site Member
New Vaccinations!?!
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2004, 11:24:14 PM »
Jarvis ha his at 8 and 10 weeks.. Never heard of them getting them together. There must be a good reason to be givin them seperate so i would just be sticking to that why change something thats not broken as they say!!!

lorraine and Jarvis