Author Topic: Whoohoo! Fraser walked beautifully on his leash today.  (Read 3037 times)

Offline waggytails

• Millie and Hattie
Re: Whoohoo! Fraser walked beautifully on his leash today.
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2010, 06:48:18 PM »
Yippee it has arrived. Put it on Hattie and it worked so well she did not move, :005:  Hattie is not very keen on harnesses, leads, ::) if anything catches her ears she just stops, anyway with a bit of coaxing and some cheese we finally got her moving and i have to say it really does seem to work.  I think it will just take time for Hattie and me to get used to it but so far i am impressed.
Mum to Hattie and Darcy

(Millie now forever playing on the beach,  RIP 06/03/2010)

Offline tritonx

Re: Whoohoo! Fraser walked beautifully on his leash today.
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2010, 07:48:50 PM »
And another big whoohoo. I'm just back from a walk round the neighbourhood and experimented with unclipping Fraser from the harness and clipping on to his collar. And he walked beautifully on loose leash! How many months did I walk up that hill with Fraser on his old, back clipped harness with him dancing about, biting the leash, doing ballerina twirls on the end of it with the leash in his mouth. All that turning and walking in the opposite direction, stopping when he pulled, feeding him treats for microseconds when he was actually at my side to today's walk where he was trotting beside me with collar clip and paying proper attention. Might be all shot to hell tomorrow and for sure, if there was another dog in sight, he'd be on his hind feet, but I'll clutch the advances to my chest and treasure them. Part of it obviously is maturity--he's 8 1/2 months now--but the front clipped harness gave us both the space for training to work. Very happy.