Author Topic: Why do people have to spoil things??  (Read 2788 times)

Offline Sharon

• Inactive
  • Bramble
Re: Why do people have to spoil things??
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2010, 10:13:37 AM »
We have neighbours on one side only, woodland other side, we let Autumn and Bramble out one Sunday morning - around 10.30am, when they first go out they chase each other around playing (not barking) we got a stroppy TEXT from our neighbour saying 'could we control our dogs, it's Sunday'  I really wanted to send one back and tell them my dogs don't know what day of the week it is but my OH stopped me  ph34r

2 weeks later, she came round and apologised.

Offline irened

« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2010, 11:42:40 AM »
It is very hard when you live in houses all close together but what can you do. a pup needs to know that your not going to come everytime he shouts when in the crate.

I had one neighbour (not here now) that complained when by son cried  omg  go and live in a detached in the forest if you want no noise

Offline JohnMcL7

« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2010, 04:03:06 PM »
Unfortunately Alfie is a fairly barky little boy and he doesn't appreciate it when he's not being spoken to so he's taken to barking at the neighbours when they don't come over to speak to him.  Thankfully they're more amused by him although I'm always on the listen when he's outside to come and grab him when he starts barking.

John

Offline Chedi

« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2010, 04:35:31 PM »
Sometimes I think we have the worst neighbour! Everynow and again she complains he barks - but she makes it worse! Just the other day, I put Dylan outside and shut the door so I could clear up the mess he'd made (without him making it worse) so he was barking to come in. She then leans over our picket fence to see what all the noise is about, so he goes into big-boy-barking at her! I cant then get him in as he's all defensive and not going to come in until she goes away!

And the amount of times we hear big bangs and what not next door, startling Dylan again so he barks! Its rediculous how much noise a little old lady can make! And this can be really late at night too (past 11pm!)

She really isnt an animal person though! The year before when we had the cutest little ducklings hatch in our garden - they went through our fence and she was shoo ing them out again with a broom! Evil woman!

I do find it amusing though that she has never mentioned how much shouting and screaming we do at him! And sometimes this can be at about 10pm..

Thankfully though, our neighbour visits her daughter in new zealand often!

Offline fizzyntiffy

• Donator
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2010, 04:59:48 PM »
Some people have a natural talent for it? :005:  Seriously tho, just ignore them, they're probably jealous.

The row of houses I live in is quite doggie friendly/tolerant as there's a lot of dogs, so if one lot's not woofin, another lot is.  One of my neighbours doesn;t have dogs, but I do say 'please tell me if they're barking too much' and she's fine ..... occasionally I throw in 'mine are quite good at night time really and don't make a sound while your cats are singing outside my back door.....' she agrees with me  :005: :005:

And we've got a hunt kennels just down the road so you can hear them often.

Offline Trixie780

• Tucker - April 2009
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2010, 04:46:00 PM »
Our neighbors are FANTASTIC!  Our last cocker would bound out at 7:00 a.m. every day and let out two loud barks before running madly around the yard.  He NEVER barked other than that.  It wasn't until after he had passed last spring (at 13 years old) that our neighbors came by to ask why they hadn't heard him barking lately.  Turns out he'd been their alarm clock for the past 13 years!!!  They were kind enough to not once ever complain about the morning barking even though they retired five years ago and likely weren't thrilled about being woken so early any longer.   :luv:  They were very sad when they had heard about his passing and came over to meet our new puppy as soon as we brought him home.  We made certain that Tucker has been trained NOT to bark on his early morning dashes in the yard!!  Least we could do.   ;)
Draper....July 1997 - May 2009.....Missed always

Offline JeffandAnnie

« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2010, 02:41:38 PM »
I won't start about our neighbours. Suffice to say we call them the Three Witches  >:D