Author Topic: How's the toilet training going?  (Read 2381 times)

Offline Neon

• Donator
Re: How's the toilet training going?
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2011, 01:10:49 PM »
We picked Maisy up on Sunday and she doing well so far. Had 3 or 4 wees in the house so far...she is so quick to squat you have to watch her like a hawk! She is getting used to a certain place to toilet outside but she just needs to pick up that inside isn't for weeing! :D

mkidd, don't worry it will all fall into place with her before too long.  Toby drove me mad just weeing wherever he happened to be in the house until he was about 16/17 weeks.  Now, he only wees in the house if he gets excited about something, otherwise he takes himself outside to his wee place.

Jonnydog - hope the weather has improved for you.

(RIP Charlie and Jarvis - Love You Both Forever)  :luv: :luv:

Offline Neon

• Donator
« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2011, 11:42:42 PM »
UGGG just gone backwards - Toby has wee'd in the house 5 times since yesterday.  Don't know why, he wasn't excited and only a few feet from the open door.   >:D >:D  I'm sure he's doing it just to wind me up >:(

Offline Snoo

• Clover, DOB 17/05/11
« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2011, 07:41:46 AM »
Clover has days like that - the day before yesterday she was a nightmare and even did a poo on the carpet when I had popped into the next room for barely two minutes. Yesterday she was a little star in every single aspect! It did help yesterday in having the back door open so she could take herself out, but I didn't really want her to get used to that or she won't learn to ask to go out when the door is closed on bad weather days. Up until then I had kept he door closed and just made sure I took her out frequently, which had been mostly successful - apart from when I had been a litte less than vigilant! It does seem to take a lot of patience, this house-training lark!!! I find it quite tiring always having to be on the ball and can't wait till Clover's bladder has grown, lol!  :005:
To know them is to love them.....

Offline Jonnydog

• Donator
  • Penny Black - b. 7/5/2011
« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2011, 07:47:36 AM »
I think patience and vigilance are definitely the key words in this housetraining malarky! Yesterday Penny did brilliantly with her poos, scampering out to her special place and looking at me so virtuously as she did it, bless her  :luv: but then she went and did a couple of wees on the kitchen floor with the back door open.  >:D

Jess - my little companion 2003-2011

Offline Snoo

• Clover, DOB 17/05/11
« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2011, 09:46:28 AM »
Aaargh! SO frustrating, Jonnydog!  :005:  :huh:
To know them is to love them.....

Offline kalami

• Site Member
« Reply #35 on: August 07, 2011, 07:06:09 PM »
No poos inside but still not good here with regards to weeing, we've been up to nortumberland for a few days in an appartment so probably confused Molly, it is getting better I think. Strangely as a was reading posts on here mollys just jumped on my lap and pee'd on me  >:D this is a first, serves me right for playing on my phone!!

Offline Neon

• Donator
« Reply #36 on: August 07, 2011, 08:15:21 PM »
No poos inside but still not good here with regards to weeing, we've been up to nortumberland for a few days in an appartment so probably confused Molly, it is getting better I think. Strangely as a was reading posts on here mollys just jumped on my lap and pee'd on me  >:D this is a first, serves me right for playing on my phone!!

Yes, it probably was being in a different place which confused her.  She's wee'd on your lap?!  Naughty little girl. :005:

Offline pennylopey

• Alfie 26/05/2011 - 31/07/2020
« Reply #37 on: August 07, 2011, 08:35:25 PM »
Alfie is 10 weeks and has only been home just after a week but (so far!) toilet training is the one thing that does seem to be going pretty well!

He has accidents of course, he's usually left us a couple of gifts on the kitchen floor in the morning but during the day he seems about 80% there. He wees and poos outside but if the door isn't open he'll make sure he goes on his paper, and if there is no clean paper (fussy dog!) he will hold it a while as he did at the vets yesterday.  :D

Penny
Missing Alfie 26/05/2011 - 31/07/2020