Author Topic: New puppy v older pup?  (Read 2079 times)

Offline Bluebell

• Limited Member
Re: New puppy v older pup?
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2011, 05:24:44 PM »
Congratulations on your new addition, look forward to seeing some pics of him :D

Offline Tillymai

« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2011, 05:32:49 PM »
I wasn't sure about Bear at first - it was the kids idea, but he has such big paddy paws and when he's sprawled out on the floor he looks like a little black bear skin rug  ;) It just seemed to suit him! Must work out how to post some pics...

Offline Jonnydog

• Donator
  • Penny Black - b. 7/5/2011
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2011, 06:26:50 PM »
Penny's dad is called Bear and he's a beautiful boy! I think it's a lovely name  :luv: :luv: :luv:

Jess - my little companion 2003-2011

Offline c19unn

• Donator
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2011, 06:29:34 PM »
I got Diesel at 13 weeks and he was excellent with sleeping and toilet training and like you i had wanted a younger one, however went to see him and Bang -  MY heart just fluttered into a million pieces and Diesel stole them all :)

My Mummy's name is Charlene
My name is Diesel

Diesel DOB:16-04-11

Offline Neon

• Donator
« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2011, 06:40:55 PM »
I was going to say go and see the older puppy as you've nothing to lose but you've brought him home.    :banana:  Wow, congrats and the bond seems to be forming straight away.  :luv:  Can't wait to see piccies of Bear.

(RIP Charlie and Jarvis - Love You Both Forever)  :luv: :luv:

Offline Pudding

• Donator
  • Bob My Love My Life
« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2011, 08:46:36 AM »
Yep I am jealous too I love the name
Can not Wait to see him

Offline Tillymai

« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2011, 10:11:44 AM »
I've put some pictures up on the photo board.

Bear's still settling in well. He's slowly finding his feet and getting less nervous around us and the house, I guess the one downside of being a slightly older pup is he's hit the wary stage so we're working hard on building up his confidence and giving him lots of reassurance. He was great on his first night - no howling/whining at all, but last night the little monkey had found his voice box!! Still I guess it's only to be expected at this early stage.

My friend who is a dog trainer is popping over this morning to meet him and give me some hints and tips on settling him and starting training. I want to make sure I get us off on the right foot and I'm conscious I probably need as much training as Bear does  :005:

E x