Author Topic: Do you allow your cocker upstairs?  (Read 2701 times)

Offline oreo

Re: Do you allow your cocker upstairs?
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2012, 10:36:57 AM »
So the general opinion is no dogs upstairs with the odd exception. I'm hoping to stick to the no puppy up stairs for a year or two depending on how long the chewing everything in site lasts and then maybe relax the rules once I know both oreo and the kids can be trusted. But in the mean time I will invest in the gate as this morning it her "mad" five minutes she has run up and down the stairs god knows how many time and is quite tricky to catch at full pace! :005:  Thanks for all the replys its good to know that there are soo many owners willing to share their own experiences and pass on knowledge. As a new owner it can be quite scary getting it right but knowing we can get advice makes things a little less scary. :lol2:

Offline dipsydoodlenoodle

• Donator
« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2012, 11:21:39 AM »
Its not right or wrong letting them up stairs or not. Its entitely down to personal preference.
My beautiful little boy Charlie :)

Offline Jane57

• Donator
  • Riley
« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2012, 12:48:04 PM »
Its not right or wrong letting them up stairs or not. Its entitely down to personal preference.

Definatley not.
I think whatever anyone does with their dog is totally up to them isnt it.
we will most probably end up letting Riley up too, I figured he is part of the family and theres not much I wouldnt do for my little pooch. :luv:

Offline Sula

• Raisin
« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2012, 05:17:34 PM »
All our animals are allowed upstairs - if we don't want them to go we shut the sitting room door..  :blink:

Offline Jimyg

« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2012, 01:27:35 PM »
I gave up with the stairgate after it was constantly pulled/batted down! Hugo is allowed upstairs when we say. He used to be obssesed with the bedroom/bed! and tried once to dig under the door resulting in alot of eaten carpet! however he has learned to sit at the bottom of the stairs and wait to be called up now  :D We said at first no upstairs along with alot of rules that seemed to vanish quickly!  :lol2:

Offline Robbie34

• Donator
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2012, 11:15:01 PM »
My Cockers have always slept upstairs, and on the bed if they wanted - as they always do. 

Charley can no longer get on and off the bed so has a nice mattress type bed in the bedroom, and Henry sleeps on the bed.  Nothing nicer than to wake up to a Cocker washing your face.

Offline Black Beauty & Silverfox

• Miya
« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2012, 08:18:47 PM »
Hi there

My pup sleeps upstairs but during the day she generally wants to be where we are, but occasionally pops up for another toy :005:
I remember when she first came we would usually carry her upstairs, she could ascend [with a little help] but would cry for a lift down :angel:
If you feel the need to limit the area your pup should have, a gate or a closed door should do.

Mel.

Offline JohnK

• Donator
  • Produced for Minnie, Dennis and Rosie
« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2012, 03:04:04 PM »
We don't have an upstairs, as we live in a bungalow, but we have only let the dogs sleep in our room on odd occasions, if they have been ill for example. They much prefer their own beds where they normally sleep. Now we have Dennis, though, he is quite vocal at 5 in the morning!