Cocker Specific Discussion > Insurance

The old chestnut question Insurance

(1/2) > >>

jonnytrabant:
Hi folks

Just had my insurance quote through from M&S and my quote has increased to £507 pa for my 11yo boy. Obviously i expect a increase and in the past few years I’ve simply cancelled my M&S quote and renewed through M&S again as its always cheaper and I’ve not (fingers and paws crossed) made any claim in over 7 years. Once again if i reapply with M&S it significantly drops the premium.
My question is, is there any reputable firms out there for a 11yo daft cocker?

Much appreciated

Jaysmumagain:
Honestly I never thought I could simply re apply and take out a new policy with same company.  So are now putting the idea in my head  ;)

I think that having no claims in seven years would help if looking for a move from M&S.  Try a comparison site and see what prices you are quoted. Look at firms you have heard of.  You mention reputable firms and that is the question, some new firms I never heard of around now. 

jonnytrabant:

--- Quote from: Jaysmumagain on September 12, 2023, 01:55:19 PM ---Honestly I never thought I could simply re apply and take out a new policy with same company.  So are now putting the idea in my head  ;)

I think that having no claims in seven years would help if looking for a move from M&S.  Try a comparison site and see what prices you are quoted. Look at firms you have heard of.  You mention reputable firms and that is the question, some new firms I never heard of around now.

--- End quote ---

It’s no good if the dog has pre existing conditions, but since I’ve never claimed I’ve always just cancelled then reapplied. Plus i get a M&S £20 voucher as well, though it used to be £50.

MIN:
I thought that all insurance companies could nolonger charge new policies cheaper than renewals.   Something else I must have dreamt up in the early hours 🤣🤣

jonnytrabant:

--- Quote from: MIN on September 12, 2023, 06:42:51 PM ---I thought that all insurance companies could nolonger charge new policies cheaper than renewals.   Something else I must have dreamt up in the early hours 🤣🤣

--- End quote ---

I wish. Absolute  wrang’uns imo…

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version