Cocker Specific Discussion > Health

Willow

(1/4) > >>

MillicentWight:
It's been a long while now since Willow was diagnosed with diabetes and I feel that I should let all of you who gave advice
and support that Willow is still  doing quite well. She is almost completely blind now and keeps bumping into things and the vet says she has cataracts due to the diabetes. She drinks lots of water and her weight has gone from 21kg down to 16 kg (a good thing) and since I have been feeding her on 'Royal Canin Diabetic the vet said her blood sugars are much better and she only wants to see her every three months now. I don't like having to give Willow her insulin injections twice a day but we are both coping quite well with it really. Can't thank you all really as the advice given made it easier for me to decide to go down the insulin route and without it she may not be here now.
                                                                           Regards Bob.

Jaysmumagain:
It is so lovely to read this update on Willow, and understand she is doing well.

Wow 5 kilo weight loss, as you say a good thing.

Regards to you and Willow.

Julie and little Harry

vixen:
 Lovely to hear Willow’s update  :luv:
Well done for managing  her injections as I remember you were nervous about it but it is  amazing what you can do when you have to.
Best wishes to you both  :luv:

Mudmagnets:
Really pleased to read your update on Willow this morning, good news indeed  :luv:  :banana:

:bigarmhug: :bigarmhug:

Wishing you all the best

Finvarra:
Pleased you are enjoying life still with Willow, and coping with the injections. Well done!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version