Author Topic: Humiliation complete  (Read 2938 times)

Offline panda66

• Donator
Humiliation complete
« on: March 09, 2014, 07:12:03 PM »
Well  gundog class today, sent out over water for retrieve, went over the water but ignored dummy and b........ off  >:D next one same and the third down a steep bank , took one look and ran in the opposite direction... recall usually excellent was non- existent as was stop whistle.   :013: Admittedly this was a big step up from her usual lesson cos it was with two trial dogs and there were rabbits and ducks everywhere  :-\
Trainer did suggest nicely that she might be better sticking to agility  :doh: So frustrated as she can do it and I have worked really hard.
Not talking to her and she is being very creepy trying to snuggle  ;)

Offline Redked

• Donator
  • Beautiful Bonnie Boo (formerly The Destroyer)
Re: Humiliation complete
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2014, 07:39:10 PM »
Must be something in the air. Took Bonnie out and as she is on restricted exercise I have been doing lots of hide it and sit, wait etc. She has always been brilliant with 'wait'. Not once today did she do it. Every time I turned round ready to go back to her to tell her the 'find it' she was already at my side; she had just been following me every time. Think it's the sun affecting them  ;)

Offline Archie bean

• Donator
  • Archie. RIP bridge babies Sherwood and Dickon.
    • Emma Graham Harpist
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2014, 07:54:41 PM »
Awww.  :bigarmhug: we all have the odd off day.  She'll do it right next time. Go on....give her a cuddle.  ;)

Offline Pearly

• Donator
  • Pearl, Coral, Sally, Purdey and Kukri
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2014, 10:45:38 PM »
Well  gundog class today, sent out over water for retrieve, went over the water but ignored dummy and b........ off  >:D next one same and the third down a steep bank , took one look and ran in the opposite direction... recall usually excellent was non- existent as was stop whistle.   :013: Admittedly this was a big step up from her usual lesson cos it was with two trial dogs and there were rabbits and ducks everywhere  :-\
Trainer did suggest nicely that she might be better sticking to agility  :doh: So frustrated as she can do it and I have worked really hard.
Not talking to her and she is being very creepy trying to snuggle  ;)

We've been to gun dog classes....

Retrieve, over the water to a dummy and stop just don't feature in Pearls world  :shades:

She does have good recall and will sit and wait on a lead   :005:

I'm sure next class she will be as different again - maybe it was lack of cuddles before class that was putting her off ;)