Author Topic: Pigeon shooting  (Read 3917 times)

Cazzie

Pigeon shooting
« on: February 07, 2008, 08:34:47 PM »
Im off pigeon shooting this Sat  :D Pigeon is the most beautiful meat and on the top of my list of fav meats  :shades:

Im also all going well, taking Sweepie as its good training for them to sit on their bottoms whilst shooting is going on (well thats the idea). Hope to get a few and get a result in trainng Sweepie dog to sit and stay stay stay  :-\ :005: Will most deff get some piccies (well ive said that before)  :lol: :lol:

Offline crazyspaniels

• Site Member
Re: Pigeon shooting
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2008, 10:10:07 PM »
I hate pigeon shooting with Dobbie cos he hates sitting still, spent 3 hours with him once and nearly turned the gun on myself  :005: he sits still for his dad though cos he's boring  :shades: :005:

Freya and Cockers Bilbo and Dobbie, not forgetting the Springers Willow and Paddy

Cazzie

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2008, 10:11:43 PM »
I hate pigeon shooting with Dobbie cos he hates sitting still, spent 3 hours with him once and nearly turned the gun on myself  :005: he sits still for his dad though cos he's boring  :shades: :005:

Im taking all 3 freya, but for the 2 youngsters it will be short intervals as I am shooting  :D

Offline Tasha

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2008, 10:17:06 PM »
lucky begger I hope you get a few coming in, are you using decoys??  We had a go last year with this swing thing that one of the guns had and I think it did more to scare the birds off than bring them in :005:

Ayla love pigeons but bonnie is not so keen spends more time spitting out feathers than she does retrieving the birds. ::)

Offline crazyspaniels

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2008, 10:18:25 PM »
have you got a sprout field about Carol, thats what we were on recently?

Freya and Cockers Bilbo and Dobbie, not forgetting the Springers Willow and Paddy

Offline *Lucy*

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2008, 10:18:43 PM »
Have fun on Sat!
My friend takes his Cockers - Fern & Teal - Pigeon shooting! they brought some back for us to try but I just couldnt brig myself to eat it - dont know why?

My Girls - Molly & Honey

Cazzie

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2008, 10:19:05 PM »
lucky begger I hope you get a few coming in, are you using decoys??  We had a go last year with this swing thing that one of the guns had and I think it did more to scare the birds off than bring them in :005:

Ayla love pigeons but bonnie is not so keen spends more time spitting out feathers than she does retrieving the birds. ::)

No decoys this sat, its roost shooting. Yeh the feathers are horendous  :005: I always make sure i take out the feathers from my dogs mouth  :D

Cazzie

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2008, 10:21:26 PM »
Have fun on Sat!
My friend takes his Cockers - Fern & Teal - Pigeon shooting! they brought some back for us to try but I just couldnt brig myself to eat it - dont know why?

C'mon Lucy  :blink: Please please try it  :shades: Get them to just breast the pigeon for you, then slice it very finely, fry it in whatever oil you fancy, serve it with, cripsy bacon, black pudding on a bed of salad leaves with a dressing. It is superb, trust me, once you have tasted it you will be hooked  ;)

Offline Tasha

• Site Member
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2008, 10:25:52 PM »
it is rather yummy....  :shades:

Offline *Lucy*

• Site Member
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2008, 10:37:45 PM »
Oooooh might just have to try it now!! sounds scrummy - my mouth is watering!!  :005:

Is it fattening? Desperatley trying to loose weight so dont want to eat anything to bad for me!!

My Girls - Molly & Honey

Cazzie

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2008, 10:39:27 PM »
Oooooh might just have to try it now!! sounds scrummy - my mouth is watering!!  :005:

Is it fattening? Desperatley trying to loose weight so dont want to eat anything to bad for me!!

No its not fattening, all these meats are practically fat free  :shades: Whe I was down and out this is all I ate and lost a shed load of weight  :shades:

Offline *Lucy*

• Site Member
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2008, 10:41:23 PM »
No its not fattening, all these meats are practically fat free  :shades: Whe I was down and out this is all I ate and lost a shed load of weight  :shades:

Right thats it, pass me a gun, gonna go shooting myself and stock up!!  Do you think Molly & Honey would be good on a shoot!!!? :005: :005:

My Girls - Molly & Honey

Offline Tasha

• Site Member
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2008, 07:23:00 PM »
you'd be surprised how good they suddenly are when there is game to retrieve :005:

Cazzie

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2008, 07:22:49 PM »
Here are a couple of pictures from the day  :D I shot 2 pigeons but fired 13 cartridges  ph34r It was a super couple of hours and I made the most fantastic pigeon dish, the recipe from the 2 fat ladies  :shades:

Me waiting, but feeling a bit dizzy looking up all the time  :005:

The dogs being ever so good  :angel: (as you see no sign of sweepie)  :005: :005:

Cazzie

« Reply #14 on: February 29, 2008, 07:47:50 PM »
Well Cazza, please give your opinions on the pigeon I cooked for you for the girls info  :D