Author Topic: Took Jarvis to a gundog trainer...  (Read 1090 times)

Offline pupdaddy

• Site Member
  • What you lookin' at?
Took Jarvis to a gundog trainer...
« on: June 07, 2009, 06:10:32 PM »
...we had a bad experience with a gundog trainer a while ago so I was cautious before seeing another one. We were recommended a trainer, Mark Bott, by the chap who own's Jarvis' brother and he came round this morning.

What a difference! He was fantastic, we walked (at heel, God knows how?) to a nearby field where we put Jarvis to work. Mark (and I) was very impressed with how far Jarvis has come with the training I've done with him and we did some perfect retrieves. Need to get rid of some bad habits (mainly mine...) Unlike the last session where Jarvis had his tail between his legs, he was almost constantly wagging and has slept most of the afternoon.

We are going to change his food to one with lower protein as he is pretty hyper (any recommendations?) but will definitely use Mark again.

Bear in mind that Jarvis is 2 1/2 years old, so never too late.
Robin & Emma & Jarvis

Offline milly

• Donator
Re: Took Jarvis to a gundog trainer...
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2009, 06:30:38 PM »
It's a great feeling when you find a gundog trainer that you gel with and the lesson leaves you on an optimistic high.
I didn't gel with the first trainer I booked but I found another and have never looked back. Glad you enjoyed it.
Milly