Author Topic: Recommend me a training class please!  (Read 1250 times)

Offline hanandhen

Recommend me a training class please!
« on: January 17, 2010, 11:10:27 AM »
Cos I don't know where to go!

I am based in Diss (which is in Norfolk), will travel up to 20/30 miles for a good class depending on the time the class is held at.

Not bothered about taking grades, most of the Gundog Club courses seem to be focussed on that which is why I haven't gone there yet.

I work full time, so classes need to be at evenings or weekends.

I have a soft dog so ideally need a trainer who won't start scruffing him left right and centre >:D

Was chatting to a guy at work the other day, he was saying something about a class he was running at Easton College, but I didn't think to ask his name and there's nothing on the college website so am a bit confuzzled there.

Please let me know where you would recommend? And also an idea on cost would be helpful?

And if there should be anywhere you would avoid, please PM me ;)

Thank you!

Offline moola

Re: Recommend me a training class please!
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2010, 07:18:38 PM »
ON THE SCENT -nr Bury St Edmunds have website - Sofia tends to do obedience classes and gundog training on 1-2-1 basis
I train with her and have found her behavioural knowledge to be an really good 'added extra'.  She has a working cocker herself who she works with as well as HPR's.

Peter Fulcher & Verity Easey
Classes at Ampton or Hitcham on Sun mornings nr Stowmarket Mr Peter Fulcher, Tel: 01473 412930 Email: fulcherann@aol.com.  My husband goes to these and they have been brilliant.  A really nice group - there are several people in our village that attend.  Links with the Utility Gundog Society
Lab lover who has discovered the dark side that is .... cockers!

Offline hanandhen

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2010, 09:09:48 PM »
Thank you :D I actually emailed Sofia before Christmas when Henry kept running off >:D but I do like the sound of a class - will drop them an email!

Offline moola

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2010, 10:33:06 AM »
she is really very good.  I have missed not going to her classes for the past month (not run over xmas and then canx because of all the snow).  I attend Fri morning sessions and am doing 1-2-1's over the next year. 
Lab lover who has discovered the dark side that is .... cockers!