Author Topic: Gun and Dog Weekend  (Read 1580 times)

Offline Cath

• Site Member
  • Breagh
Gun and Dog Weekend
« on: May 04, 2010, 10:10:46 PM »
I just found the following event in this months Sporting Gun;

It's the East of Scotland Wildfowling Club holding a gun and dog weekend. May 22nd, Balbirnie Estate, Fife. Saturday hosts a 50 bird sporting shoot for members and friends and big bore clay shoot for BASC members using 10, 8 or 4 bores.

Sunday; there is a gundog fun day and training demonstrations (which is what I would be interested in).

Had a look on their website and only found a little info about the weekend in their newsletter. Has anyone been before and what did you think?

Murron

Nothing beats the unconditional love of our doey eyed spaniels.
Cath, Breagh, Caoimhe and my angel at the bridge Milly.

Offline luckypenny

Re: Gun and Dog Weekend
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2010, 08:59:08 AM »
Haven't heard of it before, but the Sunday sounds really interesting - I'll have to see if I can persuade myOH (I take it we will be allowed to watch with out own dogs if they are on leads..... and that show cockers won't be barred entry :005: :005:)

Offline Cath

• Site Member
  • Breagh
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2010, 08:47:05 PM »
I sent an email to the organization and this was their reply for the fun gundog day on the Sunday;

The fun day will consist of three maybe four different simple tests to accommodate wildfowling dogs, a small walk to heel with a simple mark, another with a splash in a pond and two other tests that we shall set up on the day, the demonstration will be a few dummy's launched off a dummy launcher and hopefully retrieved by a little more experienced dogs. nothing too serious.

Sounds like fun, and a good day out if the weather is good.

Haven't heard of it before, but the Sunday sounds really interesting - I'll have to see if I can persuade myOH (I take it we will be allowed to watch with out own dogs if they are on leads..... and that show cockers won't be barred entry :005: :005:)

:005: I'm sure you and your cockers would be more than welcome.

I quite fancy it as having not long moved house we decided not to go on holiday this year; so we could do more round the house, our breaks this year will be to the game fairs and events like this one. Let me know if your going, so I can look out for you and your cockers  ;)

Murron

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2010, 09:28:15 PM »
That sounds like a good day out, I don't think I have anything on that day already and it's not too far from me so I think I'll try to go along too.
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline Cath

• Site Member
  • Breagh
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2010, 09:37:13 PM »
That sounds like a good day out, I don't think I have anything on that day already and it's not too far from me so I think I'll try to go along too.

Great, I'll hopefully get a better look and hopefully a squidge or two from your dogs  :D

Murron

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2010, 09:38:41 PM »

Great, I'll hopefully get a better look and hopefully a squidge or two from your dogs  :D

You won't have a choice with Rodaidh, he practically demands it :005:  Will be great to see you and the girls there too.
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/