Author Topic: Camouflage wetsuits  (Read 1117 times)

Offline janall

Camouflage wetsuits
« on: July 26, 2010, 09:43:20 AM »
Does anyone use these wetsuits while working their dog - and if so do they give good buoyancy like they say they do?

Reason I'm asking is our working cocker Peppa has had her front leg amputated and although she can still swim well is probably not quite as strong as if she had two front legs. We've bought her a bright orange jacket like the ones they use if hydro but felt a camouflage one would be more appropriate while working !!  However the only ones we can find are quite thin and was wondering how much bouyancy they actually give ie -enough to keep her a float if she got into difficulties?
'Dogs were born with three legs and a spare'

Offline hollyd443

• Donator
Re: Camouflage wetsuits
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2010, 10:56:52 AM »
The only one that springs to mind for me is this one: http://www.ezydoguk.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=260

We used to sell them at work, there is a fair amount of buoyancy but the reason we stopped supplying them was because we found it was difficult to get a good fit and from experience with our own dogs felt the Ruffwear Portage (bright orange or vivid green) and the Outward Hound (again, bright orange!) gave a better fit and all round buoyancy.

Offline janall

Re: Camouflage wetsuits
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2010, 05:05:22 PM »
Thanks Hollyd  - that one looks more like the one I wold be happier for her to use rather than the wetsuit that Country Mun sell - looks too more like the Outward Hound  that we already have in bright orange  - thought the camouflage one better for shootimg  days !!
'Dogs were born with three legs and a spare'