Author Topic: Frampton Sunday  (Read 1071 times)

Offline SteveB

• Donator
Frampton Sunday
« on: September 12, 2011, 09:11:23 AM »
What can I say arrived home from our hols on Saturday night.
There was no way we could make the Scurry Bandits finals in Sandringham by 9am Sunday morning (would of meant a 3.5 hr journey to get there).
So decided to take the easy option and go to Frampton. Left at 12 full of optimism that Lulu was refreshed after her hols (1st mistake when are we going to learn?)
Got there just after 1. First bit of luck we had was that the scramble was not taking any more names (was having visions of Andrea and Lulu on a boat in a pond and the RNLI would of had to be called).
So she was entered into the over the bales twice. To be fair she did ok best run was 31 seconds but the time to beat was 19 seconds something (again her little legs let her down against the longer legged breeds). 
Next we wandered across to the other side of the fair to the multi scurry (two hidden one in the water and one behind bushes). This would be fairer as they had seperate classes for Spaniels and Labs/Retrievers etc.  Again booked her in for two go's which went something like this :-
1st go, out she goes straight into the water picks up the dummy and staright back Andrea turns her around then sends her to the 2nd dummy, after a bit of searching she comes back in a time of 38 seconds something.
2nd Andrea is now full of confidence that she can shave some time off this go, as the dog now should know roughly where the dummies are (2nd mistake of the day). Sets her up straight to the water collects the dummy and straight back (looking good). Marks her up for the 2nd dummy sends her out perfect straight line. Gets near to the bushes and then decides to turn left and keeps going left (ignoring whistles etc) and jumps straight back into the lake.Then proceeds to swim back down the lake and reapears back on the bank behind  Andrea unknown to her. She then races past Andrea straight to the dummy collects it and proceeds to bring it back sweet as a nut apart from stopping to have a wee. Our friends son won it overall on the day with a time of 22 seconds something with one of them Sprrrrrrrr spaniels (still cant type the word).
So we are now in the home staright 1 maybe 2 more to go to then I can put my feet up and leave Andrea and Lulu to go beating (heaven help the shooters, Pheasants etc).

Offline Goggins

• Donator
  • Princess "Freya" Trucker (dob:25/03/2011)
Re: Frampton Sunday
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2011, 08:30:58 PM »
 :rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1:

Im so sorry to laugh but your Lulu absolutely cracks me up!!!!!!!!!

I now have these comical visions of her 2nd run and how much fun she had!!!  :luv: :luv:

Thanks so much for re-accounting events and sharing  :D

Carol owned and loved by Freya (my gorgeous cocker spaniel), Thor (boxer) and Merlin (border collie)

Offline AndreaB

Re: Frampton Sunday
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2011, 11:28:00 PM »
Ha she cracks me up too!!!!! lol