Author Topic: Dont laugh...  (Read 4932 times)

Offline Sarah/G

• Donator
Re: Dont laugh...
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2012, 09:06:19 PM »
I was thinking of doing agility with Hazel Sarah.. If I find a local beginner class I'll let you know :)
She's quite a bright little thing too, though she does just try to push her luck sometimes  :lol:

Aw thank you Kelly, do you live in my area too, what age can cockers do agility from ?
I know larger breeds they have to be older dont they  :luv:
Sarah & Brodie.

www.whatthewoof.co.uk       "Now live"

Offline Sarah/G

• Donator
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2012, 09:07:58 PM »
I think anything you can do together is a good thing  ;)

Well said!

That includes "eating & sleeping" in our house.

Good luck with the gundog training. I see no reason why a show type wouldn't do well enough for you both to enjoy it. I wish I could find somewhere up here. Would you believe we have all the shooting going on in the Highlands but nowhere to get a dog trained - unless you know a gamekeeper, I guess.

Thank you Pete, its nice just doing things isn't it, almost like a release for us both,
we do basic obedience like regular training and he is doing great  :luv:
Sarah & Brodie.

Offline KellyT

• Hazel, Jennie & Millie - the 3 Muskaspaniels
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2012, 09:04:25 PM »
I was thinking of doing agility with Hazel Sarah.. If I find a local beginner class I'll let you know :)
She's quite a bright little thing too, though she does just try to push her luck sometimes  :lol:

Aw thank you Kelly, do you live in my area too, what age can cockers do agility from ?

Yes I'm in Telford  ;)
Most of the local clubs seem to be full though, and another says all dogs have to be a year old, but I sought it was 6months for the 'easy' stuff and the more physically taxing stuff as they get older...  :-\
Kelly & the 3 muskaspaniels x

Offline Sarah/G

• Donator
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2012, 09:33:29 PM »
Aw thats brilliant Kelly, I will have a look to and see if I can find anywhere,
we could always go along together if you would like to  :luv:
Sarah & Brodie.

Offline KellyT

• Hazel, Jennie & Millie - the 3 Muskaspaniels
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2012, 10:01:09 PM »

That would be good :) show them what these Cockers are made of ;)
Kelly & the 3 muskaspaniels x

Offline Evadee

« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2012, 10:31:08 PM »

Yes I'm in Telford  ;)
Most of the local clubs seem to be full though, and another says all dogs have to be a year old, but I sought it was 6months for the 'easy' stuff and the more physically taxing stuff as they get older...  :-\

Depends on the club/class I think, our trainer let Jake start at 4 months (obviously no physical stuff to start with).  There is so much they can learn before it gets physical  ;)

Offline Sarah/G

• Donator
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2012, 09:27:22 AM »

That would be good :) show them what these Cockers are made of ;)

:005: :005: :005: Yeah Cockers Rule Kelly  :luv:
Sarah & Brodie.

Offline Sarah/G

• Donator
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2012, 09:28:26 AM »

Yes I'm in Telford  ;)

Depends on the club/class I think, our trainer let Jake start at 4 months (obviously no physical stuff to start with).  There is so much they can learn before it gets physical  ;)

Aw thank you, thats good to know  :luv:
Sarah & Brodie.

Offline Pearly

• Donator
  • Pearl, Coral, Sally, Purdey and Kukri
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2012, 06:12:32 PM »
wish I'd known you were interested in gun dog training!  Pearl had her second lesson this morning [with Hazel this time  :D] - if you are still interested let me know - its a bit of a trek to get there but well worth it - at least I know what I'm doing wrong, now  ;)

will PM you with next walk details....

Offline Sarah/G

• Donator
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2012, 08:03:50 PM »
wish I'd known you were interested in gun dog training!  Pearl had her second lesson this morning [with Hazel this time  :D] - if you are still interested let me know - its a bit of a trek to get there but well worth it - at least I know what I'm doing wrong, now  ;)

will PM you with next walk details....

Aw thanks J
 xxx
Sarah & Brodie.

Offline jmanagh

• Donator
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2012, 08:12:35 PM »
oooh, this is an interesting thread  :D I was thinking of whistle training our new pup (when he finally arrives  :021: ) but now I quite like the idea of this gun dog training. I will have to look into it. Does anyone know of anywhere in the Stoke-on-Trent/Cheshire area? He is a show Cocker and I only really want to do it to master the art of a whistle recall.

Mum also to Basil - Black show type DOB 31/03/2000 and Eddie - Brown and white sable Papillon DOB 01/01/2011

Offline Sarah/G

• Donator
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2012, 08:33:25 PM »
oooh, this is an interesting thread  :D I was thinking of whistle training our new pup (when he finally arrives  :021: ) but now I quite like the idea of this gun dog training. I will have to look into it. Does anyone know of anywhere in the Stoke-on-Trent/Cheshire area? He is a show Cocker and I only really want to do it to master the art of a whistle recall.

Hey there,
Hang around, I'm sure someone will help you too very soon  ;)
Sarah & Brodie.

Offline black taz

« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2012, 09:51:56 PM »
jmanagh - When i got my puppy lab, i followed Top Barks whistle recall sticky almost from day one, she has a fab whistle recall now (2 1/2 years).  The sooner you can get the recall training started the better in my book.  By the time Kira could go out and off lead her recall was already really reliable

Offline jmanagh

• Donator
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2012, 09:56:17 PM »
jmanagh - When i got my puppy lab, i followed Top Barks whistle recall sticky almost from day one, she has a fab whistle recall now (2 1/2 years).  The sooner you can get the recall training started the better in my book.  By the time Kira could go out and off lead her recall was already really reliable

I will have a good read of this - thank-you  :D We have never really let our older dog (12) off the lead as he used to pick up a scent and disappear for ages. I really want to develop excellent recall with our new boy so that he can have the freedom to to run around with us knowing he will come back if whistled. As there are several of us that take the dogs walking, I feel that a whistle will be a consistent sound for the new dog and hence really picked up on this post  :D

Mum also to Basil - Black show type DOB 31/03/2000 and Eddie - Brown and white sable Papillon DOB 01/01/2011

Offline redlottie

« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2012, 01:05:08 PM »
Hi
We go to a trainer near Leek so not too far from Stoke / Cheshire.  Its the same one that KellyT has taken Hazel to.  If you look online for Ironpitts Gundogs you will get Lara's details or I can PM them to you if you would like me to.