Author Topic: Some advice please  (Read 952 times)

Offline LilyLu

• Site Member
Some advice please
« on: April 24, 2004, 08:50:52 PM »
Hello All

Just wondering if anyone would be able to give me a little bit of advice please.

Lily is settling in really well, most nights she sleeps from 10ish until 6ish, she eats well, she is happy being put in her crate for short periods (when I take the boys to school, weekly shop etc), she does her business outside (well, most of the time, only a few accidents), and apart from the chewing of fingers (which I must admit was the only thing I wasn't expecting so much of) she really is an absolute sweetheart.

Anyway, now the problem!  We took her to the Vet on Thursday for her second injection, the vet also microchipped her (what a little star, apart from a squeal on each injection she was perfect) and gave me her worming tablet which I gave to her crushed up in her food when we got home.  About an hour after her tea she was sick, but I thought after what she'd just been through it wasn't surprising.  She slept well Thursday night, but yesterday started getting diarrhoea, still eating/drinking/playing well.  We put her to bed fine, but she woke up at 2.30am with poo all over her bed and at 4.30am again with poo all over her bed, so I slept with her on the sofa.  Again today, she's been fine apart from the diarrhoea.  Do you think that it is due to the events over the past few days?  Oh, and on Wednesday, I started to change her gradually over to Burns mini-bites, looking back now I realise I should have perhaps waited a week or so after her injection, but stupidly didn't think about that on Wednesday!

My gut feeling is that she is fine as she's still as cheeky as before, but the diarrhoea is worrying me, should I go back to the vet just to be safe?

I'm sorry for yet another epic, I will try to keep future posts shorter!!

Thank you in advance

Luan and Lily xx                    

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
Some advice please
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2004, 09:20:27 PM »
I think it is most likely to either be a reaction to the worming treatment or that the new food doesn't agree with her.  To begin with, as she is still well in herself, give her a bland diet for a few days. Something like boiled chicken and rice would be ideal. Hopefully, if this does the trick and her stools firm up, you can gradually try and re-introduce the burns to her, cross your fingers and see  how it goes :wink:  Obviously, if she becomes lethargic, stops drinking, starts vomiting or her stools have blood or mucous in it, it would be advisable to make an appt to see her vet.

Forgot to add that natural yoghurt is useful for settling upset tums :wink:                    
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline PennyB

Some advice please
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2004, 11:34:30 PM »
Forgot to add that natural yoghurt is useful for settling upset tums :wink:

as long as they're not lactose intolerant (yoghurt gives my 2 the runs), but I agree with the rest of it.                    
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!