Author Topic: Are we just lucky?  (Read 2526 times)

Offline Ben's mum

• Donator
Re: Are we just lucky?
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2012, 09:29:13 AM »
I class myself as lucky, Charlie isn't vocal, he doesn't chew, he never has...he did 'ruin' a puppy toy when he got his adult teeth but thats it. He doesn't ruin his toys, he hasn't ruined any thing of ours; he's never been crated and always been ok when we've left him. He is polite, he isn't greedy, he's calm...if anything I wish he was a bit more greedy. He isn't food orientated at all.

NONE of that is my doing, its just how he is.

Want to swop  :005: :005:

You can either go for the small furry one, who whinges, moans, chews, and sucks up food like its going out of fashion
or the older grumbly one - who barks, whines, begs constantly, oh yes and eats for England.

But both are reasonably polite if you catch them on a good day.......

Offline ziggy9269

• Lily - My Sweet little Blue Cocker
« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2012, 10:05:10 AM »
I agree. It is the luck of draw. I have had 3 cockers since I was in my early twenties, and out of the 3 only 1 chewed.

Ziggy, was my first cocker and she DESTROYED big style. The entire carpet will pulled up in the hall, she shredded the wall paper in the lounge, managed to somehow find a blue biro, which she chewed all over my cream carpet  ph34r, and chewed the staircase, dinning room table and most of the skirting boards in the house - we tried everything to stop her and she did eventually stop when she got older. She was a funny one, not in the sense - ha ha - but she had a nasty streak in her, and we had issues with her taking a dislike to most people. In the end, the only person she had time for as my mum.

When my son was born, she used to try and steal his dirty nappies to shred -  ph34r. You had to change nappies like lightening, as she would whip them away before you knew it.

Oh, and she destroyed my mum and dads Christmas tree. Chewed through the lights, whilst on - the whole house ended in darkness. How she didn’t get electrocuted I seriously don’t know.

Every time she did something - she was hiding under the bed - she knew - but nothing stopped her, and then suddenly she stopped.

Milly, was completely different, never chewed a thing, was the most gentle sweet natured lady and just was the most perfect little dog ever. She was a hoarder, and used to collect toys to put into her bed  :lol:

RIP both my little girls  :luv:

Lily, my cocker now, again never chewed a thing, and still doesn’t. So 2 out of 3 isn’t bad to be honest. I have just been more lucky I think.

Offline dipsydoodlenoodle

• Donator
« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2012, 10:06:42 AM »
I class myself as lucky, Charlie isn't vocal, he doesn't chew, he never has...he did 'ruin' a puppy toy when he got his adult teeth but thats it. He doesn't ruin his toys, he hasn't ruined any thing of ours; he's never been crated and always been ok when we've left him. He is polite, he isn't greedy, he's calm...if anything I wish he was a bit more greedy. He isn't food orientated at all.

NONE of that is my doing, its just how he is.

Want to swop  :005: :005:

You can either go for the small furry one, who whinges, moans, chews, and sucks up food like its going out of fashion
or the older grumbly one - who barks, whines, begs constantly, oh yes and eats for England.

But both are reasonably polite if you catch them on a good day.......

just send them to me, Charlie can teach them politeness, they can teach him eating lol
My beautiful little boy Charlie :)

Offline Flickabella1

« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2012, 10:34:52 AM »
Urgh beau is such a chewer! Especially plug wires! Any pen/pencil, kids toy anything really left on a reachable side is chewed up easily! He destroys soft toys but won't touch stag bars, rawhide or nylabones  >:D we have chewed tables, chairs skirting and door frames! Ther than that he is fab!

Offline maddy74

« Reply #34 on: January 01, 2013, 09:52:46 PM »
Thank you all for your replies  :D I think we are blessed with Willow  :luv: :luv:

Offline twiceover2

• Donator
« Reply #35 on: January 01, 2013, 10:05:12 PM »
Thank you all for your replies  :D I think we are blessed with Willow  :luv: :luv:

I think that's the way we all feel about our dogs, chewers or not.  ;)