Off Topic > Computer Help

New Pc/laptop

(1/7) > >>

suzysu:
Hi - still wondering about buying a new PC or laptop.  Have decided the wireless option is a bit too confusing for a useless techie like me  :blink:

What do you think is the most futureproof RAM and Hard drive that I would need.  I obviously want it to last as long as possible  :rolleyes: but don't want to over do it.  I use it mainly for word processing, internet and storing piccys of the girls.

Also, does the type of processor make a big difference?  :ph34r:

Any help would be great, thanks x

ReadingSteve:
Hiya,

This may sound like a bit of overkill, but I'd recommend 1GB of RAM and 60GB of hard disk space, if you can afford this.  It's much cheaper to buy now that you're buying a new system, rather than upgrading later.

Processor does make a difference - many people reckon that Celeron is too outdated to be any good, but honestly any other current Intel or Equivalent processor should be fine.

HTH

Steve

suzysu:
Thanks for that Steve  ;)

Big hug for Buddy x

Pammy:
if you want to do piccies - then more is best! I'd say go for at least a 60gb hard drive - although you'll prob find you can't get one that small now :D  80gb plus seems to be entry level now.

RAM - deffo agree 1gb

Processor - Pentium 4 or an AMD Athlon should do the trick nicely for you and give you a good few years use.

Depending what you've got now though you might be able to upgrade what you have to this spec and save a bob or two. It all depends how old your current system is really.

suzysu:
Pam - thanks for that  ;)

My PC is is 7yrs old now - Athlon 550 ....... so quite old  :ph34r:  and its really struggling and keeps crashing  :rolleyes:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version