Author Topic: Anyone insured with PDSA  (Read 1748 times)

Offline Jane57

• Donator
  • Riley
Anyone insured with PDSA
« on: April 08, 2013, 02:21:02 PM »
Any comments if so?
Ive just received my John Lewis renewal qoute, its gone up from £16 per month to £24  :o

Friend uses PDSA on the highest insurance, ours is coming in at just over £13 per month.
John Lewis has been really good, we have claimed .. twice.

Just wondered anyone have any experience with PDSA ?

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
Re: Anyone insured with PDSA
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2013, 02:23:36 PM »
No experience with PDSA and I don't know what your 2 claims were for, but if you swap to any other insurer from your current one you'll almost certainly find that pre-existing conditions won't be covered.

Offline Jane57

• Donator
  • Riley
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2013, 02:39:42 PM »
No experience with PDSA and I don't know what your 2 claims were for, but if you swap to any other insurer from your current one you'll almost certainly find that pre-existing conditions won't be covered.

Ahh I wondered about this.
One was sick bug, where he had injection
The other was an emergency vet for query of a reaction, or allergy when he had some really worrying symptoms, he needed a steroid injection.
So I couldnt claim for a bug, sickness etc is that what it means ?
Its a minefield.

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2013, 04:09:22 PM »

The other was an emergency vet for query of a reaction, or allergy when he had some really worrying symptoms, he needed a steroid injection.
Its a minefield.

My guess is that a new insurer would ignore a one off sickness bug but might ask questions and possibly not pay out if he had a reaction or allergy in the future on the basis that he'd had something similar before. You'd probably have to declare the 2 claims to a new insurer so could ask them specifically if exclusions would then apply.

Offline Jane57

• Donator
  • Riley
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2013, 06:40:33 PM »

Its a minefield.

My guess is that a new insurer would ignore a one off sickness bug but might ask questions and possibly not pay out if he had a reaction or allergy in the future on the basis that he'd had something similar before. You'd probably have to declare the 2 claims to a new insurer so could ask them specifically if exclusions would then apply.

Thanks Elaine, I think we are sticking with JL for now.

Offline SophieBlueRoanLover

• Sophie Carr Photography
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2013, 12:07:39 AM »
I can't see how a one-off problem could be counted as a pre-existing condition if it happened again (eg. some kind of stomach problem), but I guess they could argue that an allergy could be a pre-existing condition. I really hate insurance!