Author Topic: Fishmonger's Finest ???? Anyone tried it ???  (Read 10090 times)

Offline butterflywings21

• Tilly 10/02/2013~Jenson 09/01/2019
Fishmonger's Finest ???? Anyone tried it ???
« on: August 15, 2013, 09:21:55 PM »
just wondering if any one had or does use Fishmonger's Finest. I like the look of the ingredients and Tilly seems to do well on fish. Lamb doesn't agree with her and i'm not sure chicken agree's with her either. She's on Naturediet but wondered if this other make was good so she could have different flavours. I seems to be made by P @ H.......

Offline Archie bean

• Donator
  • Archie. RIP bridge babies Sherwood and Dickon.
    • Emma Graham Harpist
Re: Fishmonger's Finest ???? Anyone tried it ???
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2013, 09:56:41 PM »
Yes, I give both this and the Forthglade fish variety to Archie occasionally. He's on Wainwrights wet which appears to be made by the same people (Forthglade according to my research). PAH don't actually make the food, it is made for them and packaged as their own blrand. I like to give a bit of fish now and then as its slightly lower in fat and he likes the change. No issues with his tummy!

Offline butterflywings21

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2013, 10:02:06 PM »
Thanks, I have been looking at forthglade, fishmonger's finest and naturediet. It would be nice to have a few flavours to give her. I wasn't sure about the potato in the ingredient list.

Offline chrisp

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2013, 10:29:08 AM »
Yes, I give both this and the Forthglade fish variety to Archie occasionally. He's on Wainwrights wet which appears to be made by the same people (Forthglade according to my research). PAH don't actually make the food, it is made for them and packaged as their own blrand. I like to give a bit of fish now and then as its slightly lower in fat and he likes the change. No issues with his tummy!

Thanks for that... Mollie is on Wainwrights and she loves fish so I'll try that too.

Offline wendyt

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2013, 11:50:05 PM »
I moved my 2 boys over to Fishmongers White Fsh and Potato a few months ago when Fsh 4 Dogs changed their recipe. After having problems with the new recipe and much research I found that Fishmongers was very similar to the original F4Dogs so decided to give it a go. The boys are doing really well on it, no tummy problems, nice solid poos and their coats are in really good condition. I add Nature Diet to add a few more calories as my 2 are quite lean (I did this F4D's too) but I'm more than happy with Fishmongers!!

Offline chrisp

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2013, 06:36:35 PM »

Thanks for that... Mollie is on Wainwrights and she loves fish so I'll try that too.

I bought some and Mollie tried it this morning - it went down very well!  :D

Offline butterflywings21

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2013, 07:58:21 PM »
I think i'll have to try some on Tilly.

Offline Toni-UK

• Site Member
  • Booby-Doo
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2013, 04:04:39 PM »
This food does contain beet pulp which some may say is an undesirable ingredient in dog food.

http://www.whichdogfood.co.uk/dog-food-ingredients/0034/sugar-beet

At the bottom of the page there are some interesting opinions on beet pulp.  ;)
People laugh at me because I'm different, but I laugh at them because they are all the same.

Offline Archie bean

• Donator
    • Emma Graham Harpist
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2013, 04:22:21 PM »
I was meaning the wet trays not a dry variety. It doesn't have beet pulp or any other nasties in it.

Offline Toni-UK

• Site Member
  • Booby-Doo
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2013, 04:38:26 PM »
I was meaning the wet trays not a dry variety. It doesn't have beet pulp or any other nasties in it.

oops  :P     well it explains beet pulp to anyone that needs to know for the dry variety  ;)  ;)
People laugh at me because I'm different, but I laugh at them because they are all the same.

Offline Archie bean

• Donator
    • Emma Graham Harpist
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2013, 04:52:44 PM »

oops  :P     well it explains beet pulp to anyone that needs to know for the dry variety  ;)  ;)

No worries, it's worth reading. It's one of the reasons I feed this wet food and the others I mentioned as i believe that some of the ingedients in the dry food he was having made Archie's behaviour worse when he was young.

Offline butterflywings21

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2013, 09:30:02 PM »

No worries, it's worth reading. It's one of the reasons I feed this wet food and the others I mentioned as i believe that some of the ingedients in the dry food he was having made Archie's behaviour worse when he was young.
totally agree, since Tilly has been on wet food her behaviour has calmed down and her toilet manners are so much better, dry food didn't seem to agree with her.