Author Topic: 18 months in with Lily and  (Read 909 times)

Offline Lily Pup

18 months in with Lily and
« on: November 02, 2013, 01:30:22 PM »
I'm totally smitten by Her.  I was a bit worried after reading lots of info at how mental they can be  ph34r
As most things googled what you don't read is:

She doesn't just cuddle me, she actively tries to climb inside my skin.
She's so faithful
Always, always happy, I'm considering harnessing her tail to save on my fuel bills, the amount and speed of her wag could save me a fortune  :D
She's such a comedian
She doesn't learn things how you want them done, she much prefers her own shortcuts  ;)
She's brill at de-mousing the stables, in fact she's on par if not better than a cat !!
She gets on with every dog we've met, just wants to play . . . Constantly
Extremely intelligent if it involves getting food! Nina Ottoman should use her as a tester for her next toys  :shades:
Bags of energy, can keep up with me all day when out with the horses, she's like a Duracell bunny.
Never lets me out of her sight so I don't have to worry too much about her wandering off when in the fields.
Has an excellent recall, even off ducks, rabbits etc

I could go on forever, I'm just so in love with this little lady even if she failed at gundog training due to ignoring the boring dummies but running down a rabbit and bringing it back with perfection  :005:

Offline Poppsie

• Donator
  • Mia and Phoebe
Re: 18 months in with Lily and
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2013, 01:38:06 PM »
That's her trained then Leanne  :005:  that's half the fun with cockers they just get into our hearts and the rest is history x x x

poppy 31/12/95-27/4/2009
Pebbles 14/1/97-10/2/2011 
my beautiful girls together again forever x

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2013, 02:15:52 PM »
Sounds like a perfect cocker to me  :luv:

Offline JeffD

• TEAL
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2013, 08:08:46 PM »
I know what you mean, I was just about to watch the rugby today when I was woofed and paw prodded as it was walk time. So set the sky to record and set out with Teal to Harmondsworth more park, I left all the training stuff in the car just the whistle around my neck and my thumb stick we walked for an hour I blew the turn whistle twice and we did two practice stop whistles the rest of the time I just let Teal hunt, I stopped a couple of times and she returned to me and we had 5 minutes of just standing there. We discovered some flooded ground that was great splish splash fun. We then walked though a small wood and Teal flushed a woodcock the first I have seen in 20 years.

Teal is asleep right now next to me on the sofa, I have just said to my wife " God I love this little dog"
Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly

Offline 8 Hairy Feet

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2013, 12:47:53 PM »
Aw Leanne , what a lovely post!
Having met Lily I so understand
why you would adore her, she's super :luv:

Offline maddy74

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2013, 08:13:13 AM »
What a fab post. Cockers rule  :luv:

I know what you mean about them trying to climb inside your skin. Willow will come up to us and put one paw on our chest  whilst sitting on our lap, if you don't respond to her she will then put both paws on each of my shoulders and push her nose in my face. I am sure one day when she does this i am
Going to yawn and swallow her  :005:   

Offline Birdy

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2013, 08:28:18 AM »
Hooked here too  :luv:
Toby is our first cocker but won't be the last  ;)