Author Topic: 1 v 2?  (Read 4923 times)

Offline Redked

• Donator
  • Beautiful Bonnie Boo (formerly The Destroyer)
Re: 1 v 2?
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2015, 06:51:03 PM »
I can't think of any reason why you shouldn't go for it. You've met enough wcs to know what they need and you can offer a brilliant home. You've not rushed into anything, putting Pearl's health first and now that she is fully fit you should do it. How exciting for you and I know that the wcs couldn't hope for a better home. It will be loved and cared for in every way possible xxx

Offline Pearly

• Donator
  • Pearl, Coral, Sally, Purdey and Kukri
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2015, 06:58:38 PM »

Coral  :luv: age 8 weeks - should be home on Thursday, possibly earlier

Offline DeeDee

« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2015, 07:18:20 PM »
What a little sweetheart!! I'm in love.  :luv: :luv: :luv:  Welcome to COL, Coral, and I look forward to reading all about your adventures in your new life.  Diana xxx

Offline Ben's mum

• Donator
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2015, 07:31:07 PM »
Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous...  :luv:

Offline GeoW

• Donator
  • Maurice, Jan, and William (Prince of Orange)
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2015, 07:41:44 PM »
All sorted then Jayne, a new adventure begins, looking forward to meeting Coral when she joins the wonderful CoL spaniels world😊

Maurice, Jan, and William.

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2015, 07:52:47 PM »
Ah how lovely, wishing you all many happy years together. Welcome to COL Coral  :luv:
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline Archie bean

• Donator
  • Archie. RIP bridge babies Sherwood and Dickon.
    • Emma Graham Harpist
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2015, 07:55:44 PM »
 :luv: :luv: :luv: :luv: and did I mention  :luv:?
Congratulations. x

Offline Pearly

• Donator
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2015, 08:18:14 PM »
Thank you!

She is a rescue pup and does have a medical condition so I may need some advice on care etc

She does have a fabulous pedigree by all accounts and via CAESSR I have been able to speak to her breeder who I am really impressed with, their honesty and wanting the best for the pup.  Had she not been unwell then I believe she was reserved as a trialling dog  :fear2: guess I'm going to get very fit very quickly

I think Miss P is in for a shock....possibly on day 3 when the penny drops that Coral is here to stay   :005:

The other pup is also rehomed via the rescue so you're safe Pat  ;)

Offline MaggieR

• Donator
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2015, 09:33:23 PM »
Awww Jayne am made up for you    :D  I homed Finn as a rescue pup and yep, was a bit of a leap after being used to just me and Maggie for 5 years, we had some "challenges" for sure but I wouldn't change it for the world now.  He's a completely different dog to Maggie and completely different needs but you are more than ready for that with all the work you've put in with Pearl over the years.  And fingers crossed she will get used to having some company - Maggie wont admit it in public but she quite likes her bro these days - it just has to be on her terms.  He knows not to touch her but she will play with him etc.   There are days when I do feel guilty about changing Maggie's life so much - but on the whole its been really good for her and great for me. 
Coral looks an absolutely sweetheart and has definitely fallen on her paws coming with you  :luv:
Enjoy!
Lisa, Maggie & Finn xxx
Lisa & Maggie x

One reason a dog can be such a comfort when you're feeling blue is that he doesn't try to find out why.  ~Author Unknown

Offline AndyB

• Donator
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2015, 09:41:37 PM »
 :luv: :luv: :luv:

Aaaw Coral is just beautiful.  Very exciting for you.  How old is she now.   I'm sure Pearly will come round in time but it may take a while.  She has had you all to herself up to now and there is bound to be some jealousy.  Look forward to your updates and more photos. 

Offline Pearly

• Donator
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2015, 09:56:33 PM »
Thank you everyone for being so encouraging I'm alternating between being excited and thinking what on earth have is done to Pearl, the cats and me!

Coral is just 8 weeks old and will be evaluated by he rescue before she is allowed to come home - I'll know more once John has had chance to speak to the breeder and the Vet

Thanks Lisa - good to know Maggie  :luv: and Finn  :luv: are getting on x

Offline Mrs Pepperpot

« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2015, 10:03:09 PM »
So exciting! What an adorable pup!  :luv: of course, I'm not at all biased about black wcs with white chests and little white chins. Hope all goes well x

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2015, 10:35:26 PM »
Thank you everyone for being so encouraging I'm alternating between being excited and thinking what on earth have is done to Pearl, the cats and me!

Know what you mean, I nearly changed my mind a couple of times before picking up Branston - but soo glad I went ahead. For sure it is a challenge at first, but with a few alterations and considerations, which I am sure you are prepared for, it can work (and has for us).  :D
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline pam1

• Donator
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2015, 08:37:48 AM »
Congratulations on your new fur baby, she looks beautiful ❤️❤️ 

It's tricky at first but you'll soon get into a routine and love having two!
Pam, Oliver and Bertie

Offline MacTavish Boys

• Site Member
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2015, 09:40:11 AM »
Coral is absolutely gorgeous  :luv: :luv: I am sure, that you will love having two, I thoroughly recommend it :D
Stephanie, George and Hamish xxx
George'n' Hamish's Mum