Cocker Activities > Showing

Handling classes...

(1/4) > >>

dipsydoodlenoodle:
I entered an adult handling class at a show at the weekend; and by some miracle qualified for the Coventry ladies adult handling finals at the City of Birmingham Champ show.

I have (several billion) questions:

Do I just need to apply for the class, or will they send me some paperwork (they took our names and addresses at the end of the class, and we got a card from CLKC?

I’m obviously not sure we’ll go, as it is a long way…and depending on which day the classes will be on…is there any way in advance I can know which day the classes are on – So far I’ve just seen “classes to be held over the duration of the show, with the finals on the Sunday”

Are there any good places to look for rules (I’ve found the Junior ones; am I right in assuming the adult ones are the same-ish)?

Are there any good books to read on it?

Lastly (for the time being) does anyone have any advice? I’m definitely inexperienced; I’ve been showing Charlie for a couple of years; but we’ve never done it very seriously or often…

Thank you in advance.

Mudmagnets:
Can't answer your questions, but  :cool4: :happydance: what an achievement for you both :D

Wenco18:
Well done Emma x :shades:

dipsydoodlenoodle:
Thank you both...although it was a bit of a fluke. I'll have to read up on it if we go to the finals.

Wenco18:
Hopefully someone can come along to answer your questions xx

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version